Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wireless internet keeps disconnecting?

best baby monitor for ipad
 on Best Baby Monitor App for iPad, iPhone - Lifestyle - app by Martin Man ...
best baby monitor for ipad image



James


Hi,

We've been having a problem with our wireless internet for a while now. The system runs off our main office computer via a router for the house.

When using my Macbook, i can easily connect. However, when i try to open 2 tabs or stream a Youtube video, it disconnects and says no DSL connection. I then wait 5 minutes, and i can reconnect again. The same happens when i'm using my computer and my mum is using her iPad.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? We live in a old house with pretty thick walls which i know can be a problem. However, when I'm in the next room which is separated from the office by a modern, thin wall, the problem still occurs. I rang my internet provider and they said that living in a house with thick walls is the problem, but I don't think this is quite the case.

Anyone have any recommendations? We are currently with Chess Broadband, quite a crappy company I think. Do you think the problem would be solved if we went to someone like BT?

Any info would be great. Thanks



Answer
Place your router to maximize effectiveness. Where you place your router has a lot to do with how it performs. When placing a router, consider putting it:
Near the center of the house, on a top floor. Radio waves best travel down and laterally.
Off the floor, ideally on a wall mount or high shelf.
As far as possible from your neighbor's WiFi router
Away from cordless phones and microwaves
Away from power cords, computer wires, microwaves, baby monitors, and halogen lamps

What to do about my iPad not working well..?




Yup Yup


My iPad has been flit hung A LOT - after being on twitter for like 30 minutes it crashes, after being on Safari for 30 minutes it crashes.
Apps aren't downloading - I've been trying to download apps but their not loading fully. And if they are downloading they take about two days.
Picture Crashes - while I'm on safari just saving pictures of Random things I go back to my home screen and click the my photos. It tells me a little thing and says 'syncing photos' and when its done (5 seconds) I look and half of the photos I saved aren't their.
YouTube not loading - Like a week ago YouTube was fine. It worked well, was fast and everything but now it's so slow. It's really ridiculous. I haven't seen a full YouTube video for the longest !

I've been thinking about ways to make it work but I can't figure out anything. My iPad is a 64 GB that's the highest one & I'm positive it's not the memory.

I've had it for about a year. Yes I've dropped it many of times- - but never to the full point it cracks.

I do NOT want to reset my iPad! NOT because of the important files and things I have saved. But because when I reseted my iPod it made a LOT of changes to it.

///// my sisters iPod and my iPod are bothe very slow at YouTube videos and Downloading apps, just as my iPad \\\\\\\\

Please help.

Also I do NOT wanna have to take it to the Apple store. Last time I did (long time ago) they deleted EVERYTHING. Because they had to reset it.

Please give me tips on how to make it more efficient. I've tried my best to keep it in good shape or whatever.

Should I delete all my videos? Will that work? Should I delete all of my apps? Should I stop using it?

Please tell me. Also what do you think is causing all this? Please help. I don't want my iPad to bug out or anything.



Answer
First off it sounds like you are having network/internet connection issues if all your devices are having slow connectivity issues, you need to sort this out first before you can do anything about your iPad. Do each of the following one at a time (in no specific order really) checking your internet connectivity after each...
Restart your modem/router (power off then back on),
Check for bad cables and phone line filters (good to have spares for this)
Remove anything cluttering/covering (especially metal objects that can be shielding the wifi signal) away from the modem/router, also remove (or at least temporarily switch off for testing if they are actually causing interference) cordless phones, baby monitors or any similar wireless devices you may have- these devices can and often do interfere with wifi because they often use the same (2.4 GHz) frequency range (cheap and cheery cordless RF devices are the worst for this).

If no improvement after you've done the above, Check with your ISP about your connection, they will probably go through the kind of stuff I just mentioned, so tell them that you have already done this stuff (if you have done it lol) and they should check through your connection status and help you with checking your modem hardware and config...usually. If your ISP is not giving you reasonable help (or tries to inexplicably bullsh!t you into a more expensive "solution") consider switching providers, your ISP is not exactly going to tell you that they have a crappy service now are they ;-)

With regards to your iPad trouble, the fix is simple and if this doesn't work, either the problem isn't fixable by you (hardware problem basically) or is not an actual iPad problem (eg- connectivity stuff I mentioned above) RESET....SERIOUSLY!!!
"I do NOT want to reset my iPad!"
So...live with it the way it is then, because RESETTING your iPad will usually fix this kind of glitchiness, I've got a couple iPads and an iPod, I've done reset/restores on them all at some point and have never had a problem...ever! So that's your options, either reset the thing and get it working optimally again... or do nothing and just put up with it.
If you backup your iPad in itunes first before you reset it, you can then restore it from that backup after and this will put all your settings, apps etc back the way you had them. Just do it, OKAY!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Wireless internet keeps disconnecting?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment