Friday, November 22, 2013

Video baby monitor with ip capabilities?

best baby monitor camera iphone
 on ... / Baby Monitors / iPhone iPad Best Partner Wifi Camera Baby Monitor
best baby monitor camera iphone image



Jack


Twin baby girls on the way and my wife and I are looking for a video baby monitor. I would happily throw down some more dough if they made a video baby monitor with ip capabilities so I can watch them at work. I would buy just a good ip camera but I cant find anything that can link a wireless handset to it. If there are any solutions without having both a monitor and then a separate camera please let me know. Thanks.
The ip setup isnt the big deal. The problem is that we'd like to set up a portable monitor (as seen with regular vid baby monitors) to use around the house. The home portable monitor would be the primary use, while the ip settings will be my selfish way to still be with all three of my girls =)~... Let me know if theres means to accomplish =) thanks.



Answer
I have heard of a friend-of-friend who uses the following setup as a dog monitor (to watch the dog from home via webcam) which might work for you:

1. wireless IP camera setup to view whatever you're after,
2. create a skype account to run at home,
3. set the skype account to use the IP camera for video calls and
4. set the skype account to auto-answer incoming video calls.

he can then video-call from his own skype account at work to the dog's account and see what's going on throughout the day. and the camera can be moved to a new location without moving the computer.

the catch is, you can't operate the panning of the IP camera via skype. if you need this, perhaps something like Team Viewer might be better - it's a remote desktop app free for non-commercial use, that will let you remote in to your home computer and access the IP camera controls that way (Team Viewer is REAL easy to use).

for your case, I suppose you'd want sound as well, so seek out an IP camera with mic (if you want to hear them) or with both mic and speakers (if you want them to hear you too).

**Edit** Oh, I see what you mean - you want a portable receiver unit with a screen to relay the video to. I had a poke around and came up with not alot.

I can find wireless cameras with receivers (usually 4 cams + 1 receiver) - ie. glorified baby monitors,
and I can find a couple of iPhone apps to receive a signal from an IP Camera (see links below), but no IP Camera portable receiver.

I stole from my job, I know I shouldn't have. But without proof there's nothing to do, right?

Q. I'm 20 and I was working at an office.

My mother is pregnant, I received a call and I was told she was rushed into the emergency room and a C-section is going to be practiced right away, she was found to have her blood pressure really high and her age also makes it a bigger risk (mid 40's). I had a week working as a secretary for a private company. My boss left the office to me, I spent the time alone in there. There were no cameras in there since that's the room where we monitor the cameras all around the business. Plus just to feel more comfortable I would search around, up and down and there was nothing recording.

I KNOW IT'S WRONG WHAT I DID!..

But I got so worried, and my boss is a jerk, I knew he wouldn't understand the reason why I left the job so suddenly. And I was right because right after I left he called me and told me that it doesn't matter how big the emergency is I should have waited for him before leaving. It's my mother!

Anyways, I had a long time looking for a job then I found this one, I really need some money, why? Because my mother doesn't work, at least not for now with the baby, pregnancy, and health issues. So I'm a bit stuck, before I left the office I took a phone and a camera (an iphone). He had a pile of those just standing around. Off, without use. I'm sorry, I know it was wrong. I KNOW.

I figured I could get a quick cash out of it, plus he wasn't going to see me again.

He called an asked about the phone and camera, I told him it wasn't me if that's what he's trying to say. I also told him that in order for him to accuse me then he better be speaking with proof of video and such and he replied "This is a locked up room I have no camera here, I am just asking because I had these two objects in the office, I'll just lock it with keys and not let anyone come in if I'm not here".

I played it off (YES YES I KNOW it's wrong) And I told him I didn't like the way he asked as if he thought it was me, he has a bad temper but he controls it, with a serious tone he says "No I'm not saying it was you I just have no trust in leaving the office unlocked again, just come by Monday and I'll pay you you're week's job."

Anyways I'm not asking for any of you to say I did something that was okay, I don't want to justify what I did, It was a moment where all I thought was about my mother at the emergency room and worst of all I thought of not having an extra $100 to at least help me out with food for my younger sister while our mother is hospitalized, that is why I simple snapped at that moment and took the phone and camera. Again I'm not justifying myself, it was wrong...

Either way my boss sounds like he doesn't even want to talk about the subject and told me to just forget it and to pass by to get my check and that'll be all.

I can't be accused, specially when other employer's would go in the office every once in a while, right?
I'm not saying that my "excuse" is valid, or that it should even be taken into consideration. But then again if you've never done something you shouldn't have done then you're either lying or not human. I feel guilty as it is, you don't have to be considerate toward me but don't be rude either. Can anyone answer the question please?


Answer
Theres no excuse for stealing sorry




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Video baby monitor with ip capabilities?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment