Monday, February 10, 2014

How much will my baby cost?




ashley rol


I am having a baby in 8 months and I am 15 years old. My parents want me to put it up for adoption which is NOT happening I would NEVER give my kid away for anything. So I have a list of everything I need but I want to know how much it will cost. I am not putting it in daycare I am going to watch it I do online schooling anyways. And I can get a pretty good car seat and stroller and crib for cheap at thrift stores by my house they are gently used that I seen. So that rest of what I would need is blankets, burp cloths, pacifiers, diaper bag, diapers, wipes, baby shampoo, gentle baby bath, baby tub, soft toys, audio monitor, hooded towels, baby oil, baby nail clippers, bouncer, and I can get a very good amount of baby clothes from thrift stores to that are also gently used.
Also tell me if there is anything else I am missing.



Answer
Well you are kind of young to be having a baby but it sounds like you know that you are going to have to be prepared and have listed pretty much everything you need and then some, lol. Also you may want to know that once you are pregnant you become a emancipated minor, which means you basically are considered an adult and your parents can't make you do anything you don't want to do, like giving up your baby so that gives you one less thing to worry about. Now for the baby items, babies aren't cheap but I have had several so I have learned just what is needed and where you can substitute things. Right now is a great time to look at yard sales for baby items, a yard sale may be the better place to look for a car seat b/c you can ask the original owner if it has ever been in a car that had a accident, you don't want one that has. I don't know where you live but in our area the local WIC gives away car seats for free! Brand new ones. Also the sheriffs department gives new ones away too. You just need to give either one a call and they will help you get one. If you haven't went to apply for WIC, you need to do so asap. WIC is for people like yourself, it's very helpful and saves you a ton of money. While you are pregnant they will give you checks for certain healthy foods, like cereal, cheese, milk, eggs, peanut butter, ect. When the baby comes they really save you a ton of money b/c they will give you checks to pay for the baby formula if you are not solely breast feeding and if you are they will continue to give you food and help teach you to breast feed easier and give you a new breast pump. They will also help you to get things you may need, like clothing, crib, and things like that. I would start getting a bag of size one diapers every month so you have a supply when the baby is born. I say size one b/c you get a lot more in the bag than the newborns and they pretty much will fit the baby within a week or two, you can fold the top part down if her/his belly button cord hasn't fallen off yet. I would also get a few bags of newborn for the first week or two.
Do you have any friends or family that recently had a baby? If so I would offer to buy the stuff that doesn't fit their baby anymore and the items they don't use anymore. If they are nice they may just let you have it for free, I know I was always willing to give people things for free if they needed them. I wish that people could personally contact others through here, like email b/c if you are not to far I could pass on a few things, like a car seat and pack and play that is also a bassinet as well as a front pack carrier and a bouncer seat. Even if it had to be shipped I would be willing to do that if you are able to send the shipping cost after you get the stuff, I say after so you know I am not trying to rip you off, lol. Well anyways if you are able to figure out a way to msg me or somehow get me your email or alternate one I will let you know what I have, if you are in the U.S. Don't worry I am not some weirdo, lol, only a mother who knows just how hard it can be when starting out.
As far as overall cost to have a baby? It will be at least a few hundred to get the things that you will need and depending on how much help you get it will continue to cost a lot to raise the baby. Also you need to show your parents that you are trying to be mature, you didn't mention insurance so that is also something you need to make sure you get b/c it costs over $4,000.00 in most areas to deliver a baby. You will be able to get full coverage through programs that are set up for pregnant women who need insurance. WIC can also help you arrange for that too, so basically you first call should be to the WIC office so they can steer you in the right direction, they won't be able to get you on WIC until you get a note from a doctor saying that you are pregnant so if you haven't been to the doctors yet you will need to do that, if you do need the insurance it will usually pay your back bills up to three months so don't worry about the cost of the appointment.

Opinions on baby monitors, what kinds are there?




-Kaylie-


I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and trying to plan out what I need for my baby girl. For the most part, I've got things picked out it bought. One thing I've been hesitant about, is a baby monitor. I plan to buy one, of course, but I don't know what one is best. I know there's the video ones, and the plain Jane ones, but what are the pros and cons of each one? Are there other types, and which is best? I worry a lot, but I don't know if I necessarily need a video one. What are my choices, and what's your opinion on yours? Thank you so much!


Answer
I don't recommend the video ones because I've never run into a situation where I felt like I needed to see what the baby was doing, just hearing them was good enough. Also, unless they are hardwired, they are open broadcast, which means anyone in the vicinity with a receiver can pick up the images. To me, that always creeped me out. We have a family right next to us that has little kids, and I've overheard some of their baby monitors. Last thing I need is to possibly have them see our videos...

Then you need to figure out your electronic broadcasting needs. If you use a lot of wireless devices then you want one that will use a frequency that is less common.

Here's some reviews. We have a simple monitor and honestly it's worked fine for my family for over 5 years now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much will my baby cost?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment