Friday, February 14, 2014

What is the best baby monitor out there?




KanKan


Im going to be a first time mom & my baby's nursery is on a different floor in my house. Im looking for the best portable baby monitor, possibly a picture one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!


Answer
I would go for a basic sound only monitor. When I was setting up my nursery we bought a motion and sound monitor. I found it to be useless for a new born as the baby was too small to set it off. It needed an adult or something bigger to set it off as it needed big movements (a hand waving in front of it.) I have one by fisher price that came with 2 speakers and the base. It is really good and picks up all sounds (it is so sensitive that it picks up the grand father clock chiming in the dinning room!) I love it. It only cost us about $80 from baby target.

Do I really need a baby monitor?




Scarlett


I'm looking at what I still need to get for my baby and I'm wondering if I really need a baby monitor? We live in a single level apartment and will continue to live in apartments and I believe the only time I wouldn't be able to hear him is if I'm in the shower but I have really intense hearing for example if I hear my cat meow at night I wake up lol. I'm just wondering if its something you actually need or if its more for people who have bigger homes who maybe may not be able to hear what goes on in the house? Just looking for peoples personal experiences. Thank you!


Answer
If you are in a smallish house, and baby will always be with in range, then I wouldn't bother.
We never had one with our first in our old house, as our rooms were RIGHT next to each other, and even with the door closed, we could hear him snoring!
However, we are in a different house now and I am due in 10 weeks and I have a monitor for when I start sleeping our 2nd son in his room, as it's at the other end of the house.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best baby monitor out there?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment