Friday, April 11, 2014

Can babies have nightmares?




Mommyto2


My 7 month daughter usually "talks" a little bit when getting up in the middle of the night to nurse. Last night TWICE she woke up screaming (which has happened before BUT...), but not just any scream, it was shrieking as if someone hurt her. I RAN to her thinking she was hurt, but as soon as I picked her up she was okay after a couple more tears. She is also teething her top teeth now, so it could be that. Its just a scream I have never heard before...
Christopher- I didnt think I had to say no ignorant answers, but of course you added one. Please...be serious people.
SGElite- speak with her??? She is 7 months old, she cant tell me whats wrong! Her room is set at 68* and she has footie pjs on...shes not cold



Answer
Hi - yes babies of this age can start to have night tremors. Check out the site, www.babycenter.com or www.parents.com and search on night tremors. Both of my sons had them and they would let out this god awful shriek in the middle of the night - it was typically very quick and often less than two or three actual shrieks in a given night. With my first son, I didn't know what they were so of course I ran into his room each time, and rocked him in my arms for a bit - usually ended up in waking him up and then became difficult to put him back in his crib. With my 2nd son, the first time I heard them I looked at our monitor which has a visual display and saw that he was fine, asleep and I left him be - I did not run into his room like I did with our 1st son. He eventually outgrew them by the time he was 9 - 10 months old. Google it too and you'll find a lot of articles on the topic, it's very common. Good luck!

When should a baby start sleeping alone in a bedroom of his own?




Greek_Warr





Answer
My son is 7 months old and some time for naps he sleeps in his room in is crib but at night......he is in our bedroom in his playpen. I have read on my favorite childcare website Baby Center [ www.babycenter.com ] that doctors say that baby's can sleep in there own room as of the first night home from the hospital. Also, that after 6 months you do not need to use a baby monitor. That is what the experts say but..........

I have tried putting him in his own room at night and I freak out. Mind you I am very deep sleeper, my husband usually has to wake me up for the baby. So I am paranoid. My husband on the other hand has no problem with letting him sleep in his room as long as the monitir is on. SO pretty much there is a difference of opionion.

This is what I think, has your child had any problems sleeping? has your child given you any reason to give you cause for alarm? If No, then the answers is when YOU are ready. You need to be able to get a full nights rest [or you know the best amount you can get] without worrying about your little one.
If yes, wait until those problems resolve themselves first.

But, a litte unsolicitated parental advice that I am just learning......The longer you wait the worse it is going to be. Not just for you but also for your little ones. Babies are learning so much everyday at night they want to sleep where they are comfortable and change leads to long hours of crying, sometimes.

Just be prepared for whatever you chose to do. Look at the website if you get frustrated, they have hundreds of articles when it comes to children and babies sleeping,eating, dressing, walking,teething, gas problems, etc. and where and how on those things.
Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can babies have nightmares?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment