Sunday, February 2, 2014

what is the best baby monitor if you live in a sprawling barn? Nothing seems to work...?




FIONA


what is the best baby monitor if you live in a sprawling barn? Nothing seems to workâ¦
I need to monitor my mum at night as she is ill and I don't want to be too intrusive. Currently we have a doorbell, but it doesn't get through our thick walls. We bought a Tomy baby alarm and that didn't work eitherâ¦.any suggestions?



Answer
your eyes, ears, & intuition are best. talk to mum's doctor about having a night nurse provide care.

a little bit of a paranoid mummy!?




Lindsey


My 4month old dd started rolling from back to belly 3days ago :) we are so pleased! The last 2nights she has started to roll onto her belly while she is asleep and it scares me. She has her head to the side so that's good but she can't roll onto back from her belly. Really really paranoid mummy at the minute is there anything I can do, I've been told not to use a sleep positioner.
Please don't comment if your going to tell me your lo has slept on belly since a newborn because firstly its not going to make me feel better and secondly I think its downright careless. So sorry I just don't want to hear that.
Thanks in advance
Sorry, I didn't mean it was careless from this age I meant when they are newborns and like you say they haven't the ability to move themselves, I know someone who did this and I don't think its right. I worry as my lo has severe reflux and so hasn't been able to do much tummy time but her head control is great today! Rolling has helped her gain her neck strength but because of this it worrys me. My ds never liked sleeping on his belly and so I never had to worry so much



Answer
You could certainly try a sleep positioner or maybe try a tomy sleep curve mattress, it's has a groove for babies head that might help prevent her from rolling, but then again it may not. My health visitor told me that once baby could roll onto their tummy themselves it was fine to leave them that way a they have good enough head control to turn their head side to side even if they can't roll back. Hope that gives you peace of mind. Another alternative is leave her be and let her sleep whatever way she is comfy but invest in one of those angel care monitors so you can sleep soundly. It goes under the sleep and an alarm sounds if no movement has been detected ie through breathing. They often recommend these for prem babies at risk of apnea. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the best baby monitor if you live in a sprawling barn? Nothing seems to work...?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment