Thursday, March 27, 2014

Can't hear the baby at night?




ItzMe


I feel horrible. I am a stay at home mom. Our daughter recently got her 4 month set of shots and has been a bit cranky. She is breastfed and will fall asleep on my breast then we'll take her to her crib. For the last two nights I didn't hear my daughter cry and my husband got up. I feel so bad! He works in the morning and I don't and I think I should be the one waking up but I can't hear. I heard him later with her and then I breastfed her and she fell asleep. I can't help but to feel horrible! PLS Help! Any moms went through the same thing? Any suggestions?


Answer
it happens to the best of us - i have an 8month old who still wakes up multiple times at night. maybe y our husband didn't mind getting up with her. you can either tell him to wake u up next time so he can sleep, get a monitor and turn it up all the way, or sleep in her room/ have her sleep in your room. hopefully she starts feeling better soon! good luck!

What are the "Baby Essentials" for the first few months of life?




Sophia's M


My husband and I are having our baby next month.
There are so many things that we might like and want..But being first times parents, What do we really need and what should we wait on or avoid all together.

So far we only have a bassinet, tons of clothing a carset that snaps into a Stroller frame.
We have her nursery painted but need to get furniture. We have been waiting on bigger stuff to see what were getting at our shower..But also we don't see the need to do it now when she will sleep in our room for a few months.



Answer
I will give you two lists. The what you need and don't as far as furniture and my basic other list. Let me start by saying that I wanted the perfect nursery with a matching set of furniture. After looking at the prices I changed my mind. My furniture doesn't match, but my nursery is still cute and functional. I would recomend the book baby bargains you can get it at half.com from $0.75 to $12. I used it to buy everything. It tells you the best brands, prices, ratings, and safety for everything.

You do not need a changing table. Try to only get things that you can use as the baby gets older and for other children. We got a 3 drawer dresser with a 2 shelf cabinet on it. It is long and low. We used the top for the changing area. I think we got it at Walmart for around $100. Get a changing pad and 2 or 3 changing pad covers. I also have a changing organizer that hangs on the wall to hold diapers, wipes, etc.

I have a rocking chair that was also under $100. We got a Graco-Lauren 4 in 1 crib. It is one of the safest cribs and only costs $140 at walmart. I also have a Rubbermaid set of drawers for all the small stuff.

I used a Graco pack n' play playpen with the bassinet and changing area on top of it for the first 3 months. We didn't even use our nursery for anything more than a closet that whole time. It sounds like you really have just about everything you will need at first.

Here is my layette list:
The Boppy for breastfeeding, this was my best friend, take it to the hospital with you. I have multiples of some things because they will get pooped and puked on.

5 receiving blankets.
2 or 3 bigger baby blankets
6 long sleeved onesies
6 short sleeved onesies
3 sleepers
1 or 2 bag sleepers
3 newborn hats
5 pairs of socks
1 pair of gloves, to keep baby from scratching
baby washcloths
baby bath soap
baby lotion, don't use baby oil it will dry them out worse
a carseat cover
1 package cloth diapers to use as burp rags
2 packages of disposable diapers
baby wipes
non-talc baby powder
diaper rash cream
baby finger nail clippers
nose bulb
2 pacifiers
a package of bottles in case breastfeeding doesn't work out
breast pump, even a hand pump, that's all I ever used
breast milk bags
diaper pail
a baby swing would be nice but I survived without one
bouncy chair, great for putting baby in while you clean house or take a shower.
2 or 3 sheets for the bassinet
some sort of rocking chair is nice but you don't have to have one

You won't need these right away if baby is sleeping in your room
2 or 3 sheets for crib
crib mattress
waterproof mattress pad
baby monitor
changing pad
2 or 3 changing pad covers

Baby's hospital bag.
2 or 3 outfits
a going home outfit
a few blankets
a pacifier


Honestly that's about it. I could probably think of more if I tried but like I said you really only need the basics, not even everything I mentioned. Get all the rest you can, let yourself heal and recover after giving birth, don't be afraid to ask for help, and take lots of pictures. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can't hear the baby at night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment