Sunday, March 23, 2014

Where can I find a baby monitor that monitors two or more rooms?




grifken


I'm expecting baby #3 in a few months and am in need of a new monitor. I currently have a Safety 1st model 08038, which has 3 bases and 1 parent receiver. It scans between each room. It has been a wonderful monitor, but after 2 years the receiver needs to be replaced. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find a monitor that monitors 2 or more rooms. We've tried using 2 separate monitors, but they all interfere with each other. Not monitoring one of our rooms isn't an option due to health issues. Why are these not made anymore? I've even checked ebay and amazon. HELP!!


Answer
http://multiples.about.com/od/twinfants/tp/babymonitors.htm

Multiple Children / Multiple Baby Monitors?




Nathaniel'


My son is 2.5 years old and we still use a Video Baby Monitor in his room. I am due in May with my 2nd child and will also need a Video Baby Monitor in the babies room.

My question is.. If I get 2 similar systems, will the channels interfere with each other? Is there a brand that makes Dual Camera systems?

Parents that have run into this situation... what did you do?

I'm not comfortable with not having a monitor in my older son's room just yet.... so I really will need two.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, I know he will be fine... but I'm not ready yet.
So if you are going to answer my Q, then please answer it... I don't need to hear all the other crap.

Thanks.



Answer
Neither of my kids were okay with opened door check ups, ever, if we opened the door to see if they were ok, they woke up and refused to go back to sleep. Add to that that we can't even hear the doorbell or phone while in the basement, well, monitors are a necessity and we went with video monitors so we didn't end up waking the kids all the time instead of just checking on them. My son has a sleep disorder so there was no way I wanted to interrupt his sleep if I could help it. He was 21 months when his sister was born so what we did is buy two of the basic Safety 1st video monitors. I put each kid on a different channel. I mainly monitored the baby, but if I heard something from my son, I could switch channels and see if I needed to go in to him or if everything was okay. If I needed full-time monitoring of my son, say if we were watching a movie in the basement, I put on a voice only monitor I had for him -- whatever the cheapest fisher price one is -- but I could still look at him if I needed to by flipping channels. It worked fine at the same time as the video ones. It sounds really complicated but it worked out well for us.

As for dual monitoring video ones -- I couldn't find one that worked the way I needed it to work -- thus the above. They have dual systems that will monitor more than one room at a time but you're only able to keep the receiver end on one room. Basically, doing what we did above, but I think the way we did it ended up being less expensive (I think the dual system was like $250).

You can't run two videos in the same room at the same time, even on different channels, as they do interfere and you either get static or screaming. At least the ones we tried did.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a baby monitor that monitors two or more rooms?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment