Thursday, March 27, 2014

I cant believe it, they MISSED something on my ultrasound! shallow amniotic fluid? can someone help?




Bogan Mum


Ok, il give the scenario quickly. 37 weeks, fundal height (tummy measurement) is only at 34weeks and baby is measuring at 34-35 weeks on ultrasound and her measurements are well below average and only just above the 5% emergency line, her weight has been guessed around 4lb 2oz. if you want the full picture go to my questions and read the one where it says "feel like they arent doing enough to find out whats wrong with my baby". please dont question my due dates or shyt like that as its all explained in the question i said.

Went to hospital today to get monitored and for a better scan to check the amniotic fluid levels and to make sure blood is getting to the baby. They SAID everything was fine and to come back in 2 weeks for another scan and if she hasnt grown then they will induce me then.

However, just got a call from my midwife (its 9.15pm) saying that they (hospital) were reviewing my notes and pictures from ultrasound and noticed that my pools of fluid were too low for 37 weeks?

Now what does that mean? I took a couple of guesses. Does it mean that im further on than they think? Because going by my period my due date would be the 9th november (making me 39 weeks on monday) but at my 6 week scan they put me back to the 18th november (making me 37 weeks 2 days today). Or does it mean that i could be leaking amniotic fluid and not noticing?

Honestly i wish they would just get her out of me so i can stop worrying. Im so fcuked off, honestly!



Answer
Low amniotic fluid can be caused by a few things. Problems with the placenta, leaking or ruptures with the membrane, post date pregnancy (which you don't have since you're early, not over due), dehydration, hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes and can also be caused by a birth defect with the baby if the kidneys are not developed properly since the amniotic fluid is made up of her urine at this point.

At this point, your best option would be to have your baby delivered unless they give you options on how to raise the level of fluids.

If I were you, I'd go through with your delivery and if you were planning on having more children, switch to an OB (I didn't notice if you were in the UK/Australia or not) or switch midwife since your midwife has left you hanging with a diagnosis that to us can sound like the end of the world without a resolution or explanation as to what's going on.

Please call your midwife and have her explain all of it to you until you are fully satisfied with her explanation and then ask her what the next course of action is until you are satisfied with her answer.

Building a Computer...Can you help me!?!?




EB1285


Ok so i am currently running a Pentium 4 dell factory 8300 desktop computer.
http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/desktops/0,1000000968,10004197,00.htm I updated the graphics card last year to a very nice ATI card, and i also added another 512 stick of Ram. Everything is fine on it, but i just want more speed/power/reliability. So i am wanting to build myself a new computer and purchase the parts off of new egg. My question is what all do I need to buy, and what can i steal from my old comp?

I figure the new Core Duo processor is a must. (2.0 GHZ)
I also am going to get a new tower. (This will come with a power supply).
I will steal my old graphics/video card as well as mouse, keyboard, speakers, and monitors.
Do I need to buy a CD-Rom, CD-RW, CD-DVD or can i steal these too?
Motherboard? If so how much memory usage do i need for serious gaming?
Sound card, can i steal this from the Dell?
Ram, I currently have a gig of ram in the other comp, can i steal these too?



Answer
ok well first. the core duo is nice but it will not work on your current mobo. the core duo is a lga type (which has not pins)
so you will need a new mobo. next yes you can use your optical drives(dvd cd)
you will probably need to use different memeory as well. most mobos use ddr2 which is much faster. i would go with at least 2gigs of this.
next get a seriousl graphics card with at least 256 and either agp2 or a pci express. i recomend either stealth with a radeon chipset or a realy nice nividia card.

also not to knock new egg but you might want to try global first they tend to have a little better slection on cases and on prices they are alot lower than most places.

one last thing when you get your new mobo,tower and stuff make sure you get at least 2 case fans. one push back and one pull in front to keep this monster cool. eithr that or do what i did and put yourself togethr a system with these parts.

intell core duo extreme
3 gig of ddr2
2tb hardrive(sata)
stealth graphics card with radeon 9800 running 512mb pci express
volcano temp and tach case fans
water cooler
850 watt power supply
asus motherboard (ifogot the number)
a 37" lcd screen
wireless mouse and kb
linksys 2.4 ghz wireless dsl setup

this baby kicks a>>
good luck dude
let me know how it goes ok. and hey dont burn down the house doin it like i almost did with my first build 10 years ago.lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I cant believe it, they MISSED something on my ultrasound! shallow amniotic fluid? can someone help?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment