Monday, March 24, 2014

Dwarf Savannah Monitor!?




BlueTongue


I have the Monitor, 7.5".. and you'll never guess 8 months old. I am experienced with keeping monitors/tegus/blue-tongues.. and this one is SO SMALL. I feed it till it gets full, his basking temperature is at around 100 degress, and has all the correct UV.. I seen on the internet where their Bosc is not growing. People blame them for not caring for it properly, which may be the case, but not in this case. Do you guys think Bosc can have runts? I have never seen this done before. Experienced Bosc Monitor owners answer only, please. No need in smart ass answers.


Answer
Sounds like it under-fed or indeed a "runt".

Read these 2 booklet we have written on rearing baby monitor lizards:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95075161/Care%20of%20Young%20Varanids%20v1-5.pdf
and
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95075161/Raising%20Bosc%20Monitor%20Lizards.pdf

hope these help ...
.

Baby's sleeping positions...?







For the past few weeks ive been having disturbed sleep due to worry of my 6 month old baby girl.

As she gets into the most awkward positions in her sleep and it is terrifying me.

She is choosing her tummy a lot which i dont really like, but if i move her she gets in an even more awkward position even on her tummy with hands tucked under her tummy.

Its getting to a point where I'm constantly waking up to check on her and I'm actually feeling safer with her in bed with me so i can keep her still.

Any advice please?

Also is it really safe now that she is on her tummy?

(She has is able to roll onto tummy and back again for quite some time )



Answer
My daughter has been the same since around 6mos.

She flips on her tummy, hands under her belly, knees bent, bum in the air.

When she started doing it, I like you, was worried and couldnt sleep. But I realised I was fighting a losing battle. I even wasted my money on a sleep positioner which on the 1st night of using - she wriggled out of.

What sort of monitor do you have? We have the Tommee Tippee Suresound with sensor mat which monitors her breathing - so that set my mind at ease a bit. However, they are almost £100 - and I wouldnt think it worth it now oaying that much. Ours was a gift when she was born.

If she can roll both ways - she is safe. The incidence of SIDS reduces at 6mos which Im sure is your train of thought. She is just as safe in her cot as she is co-sleeping..

So advice - not much, just try to relax.

Is it safe - I believe so.

Sleep Soundly mama xxx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Dwarf Savannah Monitor!?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment