Friday, March 28, 2014

Best Baby Monitor?




@>*~Be@ut!


I am researching monitors. I am looking for one with a camera, but I know some of them work better than others. Any suggestions on which one gives the best picture? Which one has less static? I've heard so many different reviews. I found one that I really like....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2943603&fromRegistryNumber=44067222&product_skn=760504

But the price is a bit high. I am also looking for 1 that has the option to add a 2nd camera. I have a 3 year old daughter also, and it would be nice to be able to watch her too.



Answer
We own this camera and overall LOVE it. We really like the fact that the screen is large. We tend to get a clear picture although sometimes there is some flickering. We remedy this by just moving it a little bit. It does not pose much of a nuisance for us. We can also move it around the house and not worry about it sucking up a ton of batteries (this was a major issue with our previous monitor - it just gobbled up batteries). We have never gotten images of other people. No issue there.

Warning though: It does not have the best audio. The lowest setting is somewhat loud for my tastes. However, we did not care about the audio as we can hear our baby cry just fine. Also, there are also only two channels with this monitor so you don't have a lot of room to search for a better connection.

If you want great audio to go with the screen, I would recommend looking into some monitors with small screens. The only downside to those is the battery issue.

On a final note, I would absolutely recommend investing in a video monitor. We used to have a regular audio monitor but kept rushing in every time we heard the baby cry. Unfortunately, many times she was just yelling in her sleep and we were the ones waking her up. The video monitor allows us to see if she is really awake or just in transition sleep. Lately, she has been rolling over in her sleep and it allows me to keep track of her. Great purchase!

Baby monitor with camera?

Q. I'm having my first child in December and my mom and I are looking at baby monitors and we found on that had a camera and shows you a live image of the baby. My mom was pretty impressed by this as they weren't around when I was a baby. But they are outrageously priced! I think she wants to get one for me anyway, as this is her first grandchild and my mom's the type to spend way too much. So I was wondering does anyone else have these? Worth the price? Are they any good?


Answer
I actually did this, but I used a wireless ip camera. When my son was 9 months old we had to move from a condo to an apartment with no washer/dryer hookup. So I had to leave the apartment to do the laundry a couple doors down and needed a way to see what my son was up to in between loads. I agree that the video monitor setups are very steep. And something worth noting is that every single one I've seen on shelves is not a secured network. So that video signal is open for others to view nearby. I use(d) a dlink IP cam that is networked securely to my home wireless network and accessible via smartphone. It cost about 30 bucks and 15 minutes of setup and I was up and going. I've had this setup for almost 3 years now and it's been helpful. I don't think I've had any memorable absences, but it's a nice piece of mind to make sure my son was sleeping safely when I had to leave the apartment for a moment.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Baby Monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment