Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baby monitor with camera?

Q. I'm having my first child in December and my mom and I are looking at baby monitors and we found on that had a camera and shows you a live image of the baby. My mom was pretty impressed by this as they weren't around when I was a baby. But they are outrageously priced! I think she wants to get one for me anyway, as this is her first grandchild and my mom's the type to spend way too much. So I was wondering does anyone else have these? Worth the price? Are they any good?

A. I actually did this, but I used a wireless ip camera. When my son was 9 months old we had to move from a condo to an apartment with no washer/dryer hookup. So I had to leave the apartment to do the laundry a couple doors down and needed a way to see what my son was up to in between loads. I agree that the video monitor setups are very steep. And something worth noting is that every single one I've seen on shelves is not a secured network. So that video signal is open for others to view nearby. I use(d) a dlink IP cam that is networked securely to my home wireless network and accessible via smartphone. It cost about 30 bucks and 15 minutes of setup and I was up and going. I've had this setup for almost 3 years now and it's been helpful. I don't think I've had any memorable absences, but it's a nice piece of mind to make sure my son was sleeping safely when I had to leave the apartment for a moment.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Baby monitor with camera?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment