Thursday, May 16, 2013

Is there something wrong with my resume?

Q. I need a dang job and i sound conceited but i would hire myself lol but im so not use to not having a job times are pretty tight right now and all my friends are getting jobs but me! so whats wrong with my resume and if i need to change anything what would it be?

OBJECTIVE
To maximize my experience , learn more creative ways to complete the job and increased profitability and product sales volume by developing a dynamic team and bringing my positive interaction skills.

SKILLS
Marketing and Customer Service skills
Team building and Organization skills
Aligns self with mission of organization
Solicits input & involves others in issues that will impact them
Resolves conflict
Maintains attention to detail
Enjoys challenging tasks
Works effectively under stress, uses humor
Coaches/Mentor others

EXPERIENCE
Greenpeace San Jose CA
Environmentalist Training 06/2/2011-06/13/2011
$12 hourly
Develop a detailed understanding of the environmental issues on for which Greenpeace campaigns for. Understand and correctly completing supporter financial information necessary contributions . Approach members of the public.

Work2Future/Alum Rock Library San Jose CA
Librarian Temporary 06/27/2010-08/15/2010
$10 hourly
Arrange library materials , assist patrons in finding materials , determine what additional materials to order , monitor and control library resources and use library or online Internet research techniques.

San Jose Conservation Corps San Jose CA
Community Service Temporary 07/01/2007-7/15/2007
$7.50 hourly
Plant trees, pick up trash, pull weeds, organic growing, recycle, etc..
VOLUNTEER
petitioner
Speak about issues and awareness of economy, self government, laws, to give people a chance to decide and agree on decisions effecting world issues
Intern at Model Mall Search
Spokes person
Assist kindergarten class
Supervised children, maintained a child safe environment for supervised children
Care taker for 2 people
Helped clean house, and personal issues, food preparation, run errands
Baby sit
Helped with homework, make meals, used creative conflict resolution strategies, provide a very safe and positive environment and interaction skills
Sell Avon
Speak and promote the product, advised and increased customers interest

REFERENCE
Andrea
Alum Rock Library Branch

Rachel
Rebekah’s Culinary Academy Manager

Beverly 408
Care Taker
I removed name number and address so no one pranks calls or what ever
Really I did spell check?
The skills i obtained from the culinary academy ex: marketing and costumer service and Green peace and mainly volunteer work but i don't have a reference because my boss got fired and im Trina get any job that's why i put my volunteer in there because i have experience with that ex: care taker job= you would provide what you did and babysit their kids, Sell Avon me and my friend did that so there is no reference, and i thought community service was when you help the community , Coaches and Mentors others is when i helped assist kinder garden but i don't have a reference because the school changed names. I swear i think i have bad luck Im not exaggerating nothing trust me theirs allot more than cleaning the house when it comes to care taker you clean the whole mess if you know what i mean. I just want to show that i can do almost every job and experience i have in fact I had allot more skills but lowered it, and the volunteer petition i cant use that as a reference because

A. OK, being British I'm avoiding the spelling/grammar thing because what may be right in the US, isn't right in the UK (e.g. in the UK, Caretaker is all one word).

The main issue I have with your CV is tthat I can't see how the skills you claim to have are backed up by your experience. You dont' appear to have much work experience so it makes your skills claims sound exaggerated at the very least.

If I was you, I'd probably remove some of the housework day-to-day stuff from your CV, for example employers don't really need to know about your babysitting, cooking and shopping.

I'd then go into more detail about what experience you have that gave you the skills. So where is the marketing and customer service experience? Also, under "Greenpeace" you've put "Environmentalist Training", which makes it sound like you attended training. Did you attend it or deliver it?

All in all, your CV doesn't seem to reflect much actual work experience. I suppose how successful you will be with it depends on what type of jobs you're applying for. Perhaps you need to revise your CV specifically with those jobs in mind. Many of us actually have more than one version of our CVs written to highlight different aspects of our experience and use them accordingly.#

Lastly, I'm not sure what it is in the US, but in the UK "Community Service" is something you're sentenced to if you break the law - but not too badly. If it's the same in America, take that off your CV. It's not a good advert for your character.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there something wrong with my resume?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment