Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Would you go over to your neighbors house while your child was napping?

best baby monitor target
 on Summer Infant Best View Digital Video Baby Monitor | Shop cameras ...
best baby monitor target image



Betty


...if you brought the baby monitor or if you had one of those video baby monitors? My friend and I are debating about it.


Answer
NO WAY

Well. a mom did this in our town a couple of years ago. The hot water tank exploded and all three kids died in the fire. She was unable to get into the house to save them, and all under age 5 so they were probably terrified. They were found on the floor in their rooms, probably trying to escape or find mom. And then last summer, I think, there was that Texas day care fire in a home. The day care lady put them down for nap, and went to Target. She returned the smoke was too thick to go inside. Kids died.

Could you please share your baby list that includes items to buy before delivery?




11456!!


Hi - I am due this August and in the process of making my baby list, doing research and shopping. I will be grateful if you could please share your lists (including brands/models - if at all available), so I can judge what's actually required and also find out if I am missing out on anything important. It's so easy to overdo baby shopping. I wanted to limit the shopping to really useful items that are worth it.

Thanks so much!



Answer
Absolutely necessary in my opinion:
-Diapers (sizes one and two to start, newborn are pretty useless)
-Wipes (I like Huggies wipes better)
-Car Seat (I love Graco seats, both infant and convertible)
-Blankets (For an August baby go with thin thermal and recieving, for swaddling and laying on surfaces)
-Baby Bath Tub (I liked Fisher Price Ocean Wonders with the sling for an newborn)
-Sleeping place (I had an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper, along with a crib for later)
-Diaper Cream (Desitin), Shampoo and Baby wash (Johnsons is good, Burts Bees smells awesome), Medications (Target brand Tylonel, Motrin, Gas Drops, Teething drops), Thermometer (Safety First)
-Bottles if you plan to formula feed (You might want to try one brand at a time til you hit what the child likes)

Really nice to have:
-Stroller (Again, I recommend Graco)
-Bath Towels (I like Target Brand with the hoods, they are soft)
-Bouncer Seat or Swing (Fisher Price is a go-to for good stuff)
-Fan (They say it reduces SIDS and helps babies breath better, not to mention blocks out some noise which makes Mommies feel better)
-Sling or baby carrier (I loved my Mai Tai wrap, it made it so easy to go out with him as a newborn and also to get things done in the house)

Not necessary at all:
-Changing table or pad (We never owned one, never used one)
-Pack-n-play (Unless you travel a lot, we don't use ours)
-Rocking chair (never sat in it once)
-Baby monitor (if you have a small house, you are going to hear the baby...but it is a good purchase once the baby is older...We have a "Baby Call" by Sony and like it)

I think that is all. Remember the usual stuff like clothes, somewhere to keep the clothes, free and clear laundry soap, goodies for you (breast pads, sanitary napkins, pjs for nursing if you are).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would you go over to your neighbors house while your child was napping?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment