Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Me and my partner are trying to have baby but its nt coming along so easy !?




kelsie


I would like to hear from the woman who have PCOS and have had children im very interested in knowing how it happened. my partner and i are having difficulties and dont know what to do. PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)


Answer
ok, firstly I am aware I am not a woman :) but my wife has PCOS.

She started taking clomid 50mg (cycle days 3-8) last year, we got pregnant twice and unfortunately lost both (2012 was a rough year).

This year the 50mg wasn't working, upped to 100mg still not working consistently. So they put her on metformin too (500mg twice daily). We went for an ultrasound to look for follicles on cycle day, no mature follicles but some tiny ones. I asked if she could ovulate late and the drs told me it should make her ovulate on day 14. Great, now what do we do? About a week later she gets the egg white mucous (I know tmi) and I said "hey why not, what we got to lose"... we did a pregnancy test negative. So she takes progesterone to restart cycle and gets 'flu' and throwing up a few days later . The regular dr kept asking "are you sure you're not pregnant?" so we did a test POSITIVE ! I guess they were wrong, you can ovulate late.

Today we saw our 19 week baby girl wiggling around on ultrasound.

Sorry for the long story, first they'll try either metformin or clomid, or both but it may take awhile to find the correct dose, find a reproductive endocrinologist not just a OB/GYN and if you do get pregnant do what I did insist on taking progesterone through first trimester, or as worst monitor your levels closely. I beleive that, and we kept taking metformin too, saved our baby this time :) There is a high risk of miscarriage with PCOS, like 40% but progesterone brings it down to the same rate as everyone else, I think 16%.

What and how much should I feed my baby(?) Betta?




Calvin Y.


It's a lot to read but I'd really appreciate good, honest answers.

I got a brand new Betta fish Sunday afternoon, along with a small-ish sized tank (small as in it fits on my computer desk, which isn't too huge. But I'm not sure if it's quite a gallon and I didn't think to check before tossing the box). I'm pretty sure it's a baby, or should be pretty young. I have a couple questions regarding the care of my Betta. ( I know they're easy to take care of but I want to make sure he's happy, healthy and lives long).

1. Winter is coming and so far the only heating he really gets is from his tank being right next to my hooded, flexible desk lamp; which I shine towards him, but not right in his face from 4am to about 2:45pm. Also the heat from the house. I put my fingers in his tank every so often to make sure it's not super cold and so far it feels barely colder than lukewarm. Should I dump the tank and put in warmer water?

2. I work at a CITGO/Subway, and by the end of my shift the little bins that the Subway ingredients are in (the ones right at the counter) have little scraps of bacon, cucumber slices, chicken, etc. left in there. I usually toss them but I've heard Bettas enjoy tasty food. I've recently begun contemplating putting some of the scraps like bacon or cucumber in a ziplock bag in my fridge to feed him in the morning. But I've also heard that once they've tasted something better than pellets, they won't eat them anymore. Also I'm not sure if Subway would be healthy for the fish.

3. Reflecting on 2, how often should I feed him? Sunday, I gave him 3 pellets of Betta food when I got home and Monday I gave him 1 in the morning (6am) and 3 right before work (6pm). Should I cut back? I feel like 3 every other day, like the PetSmart lady said is a little sketchy, and they would want it to be unhealthy and die so I 'have to get a new one'.

4. This will probably factor in all the previous questions: How old should I assume my Betta is? He wasn't the smallest one at the store, he's maybe a bit less than an inch long, without his tail included (from memory, the light is off and I don't want to disturb him by turning it back on)

I know that's a lot to read, but any help would be much appreciated! I love my fish and I want him to live at the very minimum a year, which still isn't long. Thanks for any help!

Here's a couple pictures of the fish up close and the tank next to my 23" monitor, if it will help determine if the tank is OK for now, and maybe his age if you can guess that by size.

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff388/xSurfinB1rdx/?action=view¤t=2012-10-01_05-44-26_345.jpg

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff388/xSurfinB1rdx/?action=view¤t=2012-10-01_05-44-26_345.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1233.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fff388%2FxSurfinB1rdx%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D2012-10-01_05-44-17_791.jpg



Answer
There are many fry food that are easily available and can be found at home. For example, mixing a small piece of egg yolk from a hard boiled egg with water makes an excellent liquid food with plenty of protein good for fry. You can also get a jar of conditioned water and put a leaf of lettuce in it. Leave it out in the sun and when the water turns green, take a few drops of the water and put it in the fry tank. The green water is filled with microscopic critters, or infusoria.

http://bettacare101.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Me and my partner are trying to have baby but its nt coming along so easy !?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment