Friday, May 30, 2014

Question about SIDS. Mom and Dads please answer : )?




sxenerdx <


What is the exact reason you can't put the babies on their tummy to sleep? I personally think it is safer to put them on their tummy than on their back. The day I brought my baby home I laid him on his back to go to bed and he started gagging and choking (on his shit or tongue or something). So I started co-sleeping because I was terrified he was going to choke in his sleep and die. Anyway!! There has been 3 accidents where he was laying on his back and he started throwing up and started choking on his throw up. He couldn't do anything and if I hadn't been in the room he would have choked and died. (Luckily I was in the room) So I have been super paranoid about that and I always have him sleep where I can see him. But it's been wearing on me so I've been trying to have him sleep in his crib during the day (that way I can hear the monitor if anything goes wrong). But every time I put him in hs crib he only sleeps for about 30 minutes.
SO! I was doing tummy time the other day and he fell asleep on his tummy and I let him sleep. (He was in front of me the whole time) And he slept wonderfully!! So I put him in his crib on his belly at his next nap and he slept 5 hours!! He loves being on his tummy!
So I was wondering why is it safer to put them on their backs? Because to me the belly is safer. He can lift his head up wonderfully and scoot himself forwards and sidewards. So if he did throw up he could move himself out of the way.
Thanks for answering. Sorry it's so long : ) I tend to ramble!!
The word that they **** out was SPIT.



Answer
In New Zealand they have been doing a study for 11 years. They use a mattress wrap made of polyethylene. NO baby that has slept on one of these wrapped or organic mattresses has died of sids. NONE of them. Before they started this test, New Zealand had the highest rate of crib death. (2.1 deaths for 1,000 births) Now their rates have fallen by 70%.

After reading this article and doing further study, I really think it's not how you lay the baby but the toxins in the mattress that cause the death. That would explain why having a fan on helps lower the risk. It stirs up the air so the baby isn't breathing in the toxins as much. Read the article, it's full of helpful information. I wish more people knew about it.

epidural/ Pregnancy Help?




Harpreet V


What will you suggest having baby with epidural or without epidural. please share your experience.
Or should I go in with open mind and if it gets too painful then go for epidural otherwise not.

Is epiduaral painful?

Also when you go into the hospital and they check you in and check the blood pressure, monitor the baby what else they do? Do they insert IV even through you decide not to have pain medication.



Answer
Depends on what part of the world you are living in - it's completely different in America say, as opposed to Australia/New Zealand. - So to answer your question - this is such a personal choice! I encourage mums to prepare their mind and body for a drug free birth, but some mums think this is utter crap (pardon my language) and so I will support them 100% down the epidural path - it's her birth/her choice I say! If you do want to go drug free though - start preparing, either by doing breathing/relaxation exercises or meditations. A marathon runner doesn't just run a marathon without training his mind and body and neither should a woman labour without preparing her mind/body. Its a powerful moment in your life - be ready! In America, it seems everyone is "lucky" enough to get an IV - in Oz and NZ, you would never do that to a woman unless she was at risk. Epidurals don't hurt - it's just the local that they put in before the epidural (local stings like a really angry ant bite!). Take care and all the very best xo




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about SIDS. Mom and Dads please answer : )?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment