Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Which baby monitor should I buy?




Martha


Hello!
My daughter is 4 months old and realized we've not got a baby monitor! I donât want to be spending too much but after some research I see there is a huge difference in prices from about $30 - $200s.
So what would you recommend, I want a video monitor which doesn't need to have lots of fancy features, only a reliable one.

Thanks!



Answer
I really searched about baby monitors before we bought ours. So here are my tips:

Before buying one,
Think what you need:
Do you want a video or sound only monitor? Do you want motion sensor feature etc.

Know your house and neighborhood, and other wireless devices:
Are walls thick, and do you live in a place with lots of parents. If so select a long range one with multichannel option. If not you will always experience interference problems. Chose a digital baby monitor!


I've been using a video one called Motorola MBP36 - its really good actually and has night vision which is a definite plus, it looks a bit like a really big ipod, which is kind of cool. I live in a house with thick walls and use it with no problem and even in long range the sound and video is very clear. It has many other features too like night vision and temperature alarm.

So I really recommend you to buy a motorola mbp36 baby monitor as Iâm very happy with it.

This Of Items Needed For A Newborn?




Angelica


I Need A List Of The Items Needed For A Newborn & Their Price If You Can. Thanks!


Answer
For a breast fed baby:
Clothes, car seat/stroller/travel system, burp clothes, lots of blankets, gripe water, diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, infant bath tub with sling, baby soap, washcloths, towels, diaper bag, rubbing alcohol and q-tips for cord, thermometer (I have an Exergen forehead thermometer), nose aspirator (I use the one the hospital gave us)

Things that aren't necessary but are helpful:
My 2-month old sleeps in her Fisher Price Sleep Rocker during the day and was in her reclined swing for the first month and a half but is now in her crib at night. I also have a sheet saver on her crib in case she has a spit up so I won't have to change her sheets.
We used pre-made swaddlers when it she kept waking herself up with her arms/startle reflex. I have since switched to sleep sacks without sleeves because she can't have a blanket and kicks them off all the time anyway.
I use my video monitor whenever she's in her room and love love love it. It's a Motorola MBP36.
Contoured changing pad/cover. I also put waterproof pads over her cover because of accidents during diaper changes and extra poopy diapers.
I have a Medela Swing single electric pump, bottles and nipples for whenever I am too full or need to feed her while we are out. I expressed for 2 days when she was less than a week old because I couldn't wake her to feed her easily and wanted to monitor how much she was eating.
My baby doesn't take pacis, the cat just eats them.
Newborns don't need toys. My 2 month old still can't hold a rattle but I shake it for her and she seems to calm down some.
I use a travel wipe warmer when we are at home. She doesn't like cold wipes.
I use my diaper genie all the time.
Baby lotion
I also have a mobile on her crib but haven't turned it on since she still doesn't really focus on things.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which baby monitor should I buy?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment