Saturday, February 22, 2014

16 days late, any ideals>?




Roxie


At my last period I was 8 days late. I am usally on a 30-33 day cycle. So the day before I got my peroid march 30, i had blood test, it came back neg. Now again, this time i am 16 days late this time, hpt neg. having headaches, somewhat lower back ache, feeling a little sickly during afternoon to evening but no vomitting. some light cramping every now and then but no spotting or anything like that. Also I had a gastric bypass for weight loss 2.5yrs ago and weight is stable. Any ideals?


Answer
Since this question is in the TTC section I am assuming you are trying to conceive and are therefore actively trying. Your periods sound fairly irregular and I don't know if you can get this product where you live but in Ireland where I live I bought a "Clearblue Fertility Monitor". Basically you pee on a stick every day for the first 13 to 15 days of your cycle and the monitor works out whether or not you are ovulating. I had to keep peeing on the stick till day 24 which shocked me but it turned out I was only ovulating very late in my cycle and that is why I wasn't getting pregnant. I was doing all my "babymaking" around days 11 to 16 when if my cycle was normal I would have been producing an egg but I wasn't making my eggs till much later so I was wasting my time. I got pregnant the first month I used the monitor. It was pricey â¬170 for the monitor and â¬30 for the test sticks but I am due this baby in just 7 weeks and it's a tiny price to pay for this huge event to finally happen. I was trying for 7 months before getting the monitor. Hope this helps and good luck!

How common is it to have a stillborn?

Q. And do women often have signs that this is going to happen, or is it totally unexpected?

I just read a question about a woman who gave birth to a still born at 34 weeks, and being 34 weeks all of a sudden I became alarmed. I can't begin to imagine that heartache. So, what are the signs, if any that this might happen to you??


Answer
Approximately one in 150 births result in being stillborn.

http://www.missingangelsbill.org/news/20060306.html

Further informationEmployment Lifestyle Miscarriage Pre-eclampsia Premature Birth Toxoplasmosis
Stillbirth Statistics

~70% of stillbirths are unexplained

In 1999, 71.3% of stillbirths in England, Wales & Northern Ireland were classified as unexplained fetal death. [CESDI 8th Annual Report]

Around 3,500 babies are stillborn in the UK each year.

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland the stillbirth rate is five babies for every 1,000 births (one in 200 babies).

In Scotland the stillbirth rate is six babies for every 1,000 births.

There are ten times more stillbirths each year than cot deaths (also known as sudden infant death syndrome).

Higher risk factors
The rate of stillbirth is much higher in multiple pregnancies - about 21 babies are stillborn for every 1,000 multiple births.

Research suggests that stillbirth is also a more common occurrence for women who smoke or for women over 35 years of age or women with some pre-existing medical conditions.
http://www.tommys.org/media/statistics/key-statistics/stillbirth-statistics.htm

Causes
The causes of a large percentage of human stillbirths remain unknown, even in cases where extensive testing and autopsy have been performed. The term used to describe these is sudden antenatal death syndrome or SADS. In cases where the cause is known, some possibilities of the cause of death are:

*bacterial infection
*birth defects
*chromosomal aberrations
*growth retardation
*Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
*maternal diabetes or high blood pressure
*maternal consumption of nicotine, alcohol, recreational drugs (excluding cannabis[1]), or pharmaceutical drugs contraindicated in pregnancy
*postdate pregnancy
*placental abruption
*physical trauma
*radiation poisoning
*Rh disease
*umbilical cord accidents

Prenatal diagnosis
A decrease or cease of fetal activity may be an indication of fetal distress or death, though it is not entirely uncommon for a healthy fetus to exhibit such changes, particularly near the end of a pregnancy when there is considerably little space in the womb for the fetus to move about. Still, medical examination, including a nonstress test, is recommended in the event of any change in the strength or frequency of fetal movement, especially a complete cease; most midwives and obstetricians recommend the use of a kick chart to assist in detecting any changes. Fetal distress or death can be confirmed or ruled out via fetoscopy/doptone, ultrasound, and/or electronic fetal monitoring. If the fetus is alive but inactive, extra attention will be given to the placenta and umbilical cord during ultrasound examination to ensure that there is no compromise of oxygen and nutrient delivery.

Prenatal maternal treatment
An in utero fetal death does not present an immediate health risk to the mother and labour will usually begin spontaneously after two weeks, so the mother may choose to wait and deliver the child naturally. After two weeks, the mother is at risk of developing blood clotting problems, and induction is recommended at this point. In many cases, the mother will find the idea of carrying a dead fetus emotionally traumatizing and will elect to be induced. Cesarean delivery is not recommended unless complications develop during vaginal birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stillbirth




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 16 days late, any ideals>?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment