Thursday, February 20, 2014

Angelcare Baby Monitor!!!!!!?




ASHLEY M


This isn't a question I just wanted to tell my success story with this monitor. We have a 2 month old baby girl We purchased the Graco AngelCare deluxe movement monitor. It tells you if your baby hasn't moved (breathed) in 30 seconds. We have been using it for 2 months with great success. We haven't had any false alarms at all. The only time it goes off is when we forget to turn it off and we take her out. But that;s assuring because it tells you that it's working. Well yesterday morning I was woken by the alarm. I ran too her room but the alarm had woken her up by the time I got there (that's what it's supposed to do) and she was breathing. She was all red. I have no doubt that she had stopped breathing. I don't for one second believe that it was a false alarm. It's very scary to think about what could have happened without this monitor. She was sound asleep in her crib, I would have never known!! Thank God for today's technology!! I HIGHLY recommend this monitor to everyone with a small chlid!!


Answer
I had a very similar experience except it didn't wake my son up, we ran in and then picked him up which startled him and he started breathing again. When we picked him up, he wasn't breathing. It was so very scary and I am very thankful every day that we had that monitor. The thought of what could have happen gives me chills. It is well worth any penny ever paid for it.

Now as a side note, I am not sure if you have called and mentioned this to your child's doctor, but if not I highly recommend you doing that. For a child to stop breathing in their sleep often something is occurring, unless you think she somehow got suffocated or too hot, etc. With my son we ended up finding out he had sleep apnea and was then put on a different monitor until recently when he was taken off because he has had no more problems. Just wanted to mention to you that you should definitely let her doctor know about this! I am glad your little girl is okay now!!

Angelcare baby monitor?




blank


Does anyone have it? Do you think it is worth the money? My son has a hard time rolling from his back to his tummy, but can go tummy to back. Last night he was fussing on his crib trying to turn to his tummy and I helped him. He immediately fell asleep. I sat in the rocking chair next to him to keep an eye on him, but eventually fell asleep, and he ended up sleeping from 10pm-6am, when the longest he had ever slept at once before that was 3 hours. He obviously sleeps better on his tummy, but I'm worried about sids and have always put him on his back. I considered getting the angelcare monitor and letting him sleep on his tummy. Opinions? He's 4 months old btw.
Zeke's momma- I know what you mean, it used to be that babies were always put on their tummy because it was believed that they could spit up and choke on it on their backs. I feel like he would probably be fine, I know I slept on my tummy as a baby and everyone I know did too, but just can't stop thinking how bad I would feel if something did happen!



Answer
I have one and I'll never use another monitor. We have no problems with ours, and it's only gone off once. I can't say for sure that it was or wasn't a false alarm, but when I picked up my daughter she felt lifeless and it felt like minutes (although it was probably seconds) before she let out a huge deep breathe.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Angelcare Baby Monitor!!!!!!?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment