Monday, April 28, 2014

best baby monitor out there?

Q. i'm finally going to try and get my son to sleep in his own room soon, even though im really nervous about it. i don't want to do that until i get a really good baby monitor though. i had two in mind... either the safety 1st high-def digital monitor or the summer infant day and night handheld color video monitor. they got pretty good reviews so those are the ones im looking at. does anyone have any other recommendations or comments?


Answer
Honestly, you don't need a video monitor. The best one out there is the Angel Care Movement and Sounds monitor. It is about $100 and has a sensor pad under the crib mattress that senses for movement. We have used that one since our son was 4 weeks old! It let me sleep better because I knew that if something were to happen, we would be alerted by the monitor (it senses for breathing). In addition, I always preferred going into his room to check on him too (with the monitor on)...I liked watching him in person rather than through a monitor. Trust me, I was freaked that something would happen, and this monitor totally helped!

Best of luck!

EDIT: I agree with the other poster here, it is useless to see the baby, and there is no need to get to a baby before he/she starts to cry. There are many times when my son will move around (I can hear it through the monitor) and will even make sounds/cry a little in his sleep and then 30-60seconds later be back to sleep. If you always run in there at every move, you will end up disturbing their sleep and actually waking them up when they are actually not awake. There are times when you need to let them "fuss" (I didn't say cry it out) for a few min so that they can learn to go back to sleep on their own. My son is 10 months, and has been sleeping through the night since he was 8 weeks old. (With small interruptions while he was teething...he has 8 teeth and the top 4 came all at the same time). He will now sooth himself back to sleep if he wakes up...sometimes with his aquarium, sometimes his soother...sometimes he even sits up and plays around and then goes back to sleep...plus...when you are sleeping you can't look at a video monitor anyway...

Dwarf Savannah Monitor!?

Q. I have the Monitor, 7.5".. and you'll never guess 8 months old. I am experienced with keeping monitors/tegus/blue-tongues.. and this one is SO SMALL. I feed it till it gets full, his basking temperature is at around 100 degress, and has all the correct UV.. I seen on the internet where their Bosc is not growing. People blame them for not caring for it properly, which may be the case, but not in this case. Do you guys think Bosc can have runts? I have never seen this done before. Experienced Bosc Monitor owners answer only, please. No need in smart ass answers.


Answer
Sounds like it under-fed or indeed a "runt".

Read these 2 booklet we have written on rearing baby monitor lizards:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95075161/Care%20of%20Young%20Varanids%20v1-5.pdf
and
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95075161/Raising%20Bosc%20Monitor%20Lizards.pdf

hope these help ...
.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: best baby monitor out there?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment