Sunday, April 27, 2014

problem with tomy premier baby monitor?




kirsty n


We have one of these, but when the parent base is upstairs and plugged into the mains the reception cuts out for about 10 seconds.

any ideas why?

it works fine when just running off batteries



Answer
sounds like the cord might be pinched or twisted

Baby breathing detector?




SSV


I am having some anixety with my baby sleeping in her crib since she has started sleeping on her belly. I heard there is something you can put under the crib mattress that beeps if the child stop breathing. What is this called and has anyone used it? My doctor said not to worry but i am a first time mom so i am going to worry.


Answer
When I had my first baby in '96, My sister's friend's baby died of cot death.
My sister was so horrified that she bought us a breathing monitor for a present for our baby. It was an odd piece of equipment and sent a 'beam' over the baby from above the cot and when no movement was detected after, say, 30 seconds, it went off.
It used to go off all the time and frighten the s..t out of us!
When I had my second baby, I needed the reassurance again, so used the monitor for both my second and third babies.
Last year I had my fourth baby and as there was a gap of 6 yrs between the last and this one, I purchased a new one as the old one was 'dated' and I wasn't sure it was still working!
I paid £69.99 for it, it's by TOMY and there's a pad that goes under the mattress and an alarm goes off if no motion is detected after 20 seconds.
It's worth it's weight in gold, I swear. Sometimes my baby girl holds her breath and the alarm has gone off, I've had to grab her, then she calmly takes a breath in....

I would dread to think about if I hadn't bought this alarm.

I know you'll worry about EVERYTHING being a first time mum, I worry and I've got FOUR kids!!!!

This thing detects a good range of movement as my baby is all over the place in the cot..(I used it in the moses basket too)

Best wishes!

S. XX




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: problem with tomy premier baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment