Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What are the best baby products?

Q. I am due with my first on June 12th. I don't really know the best products to use yet since I don't have any experience.I was hoping that some of you could give me some ideas on what works best and the products you prefer. Also is there a way of getting free samples from some places so I can try some of the products first and see how I like them? Please share your experience with these items that brought you to like/dislike them. Thanks! Best answer will go to mos descriptive.

Diapers?
Wipes?
Pacifiers?
Lotions?
Baby wash?
Diaper rash cream?
Baby monitor? Video and sound or just sound?
Formula?
Bottles?
Breast pump?
Breast pads?
Breast creams?
And anything else I may have left out.

Thank you so much!
BTW: I plan on breast feeding, but the formula is just in case it doesn't work out. Thanks again!


Answer
Diapers: Pampers are best, especially the swaddlers. They're softer and smell nice. As your baby gets bigger, you might find Huggies little movers fit better though. I found the sides on the Pampers started to scrunch up and dig in (or at least, look uncomfortable) as my daughter got bigger. Fisher Price diapers are also a decent (and less expensive) option as well as the Walmart brand.

Wipes: I definitely preferred the Huggies wipes. I found the Pampers wipes too soft and too flimsy. I like something with a little more substance. The Walmart brand wipes are ok too - but smell kind of bad.

Pacifiers: I only ever used the NUK ones, which we never had a problem with, but I can't really compare them to anything else.

Lotions: I've tried pretty much every baby lotion on the shelf and always end up going back to the Aveeno ones. Mostly because I think they smell good. I never found the Johnson's lotions to really keep my daughter's skin as soft as the Aveeno ones either.

Baby wash: I love the Aveeno baby wash too, but only because they smell nice. All baby washes are pretty much the same otherwise.

Diaper rash cream: Definitely not Desitin - it smells awful. I always used and liked Penaten.

Baby monitor: I have an Avent monitor and it works great. You can adjust the senitivity enough to hear your baby breathing or to stay off unless she actually starts crying. Reception is awesome, no interferance from other electronics/computers you sometimes get with other monitors.

Formula: After my breastfeeding woes, we started using Enfamil. But after a few weeks my kid got pretty constipated so we switched to Similac. She did really well with it and we never had another problem. If you sign up on their website, they send you pretty decent coupons once in a while too.

Bottles: We used the NUK bottles - mostly because we had a free sample lying around when we needed a bottle. I'm not sure I would recommend them though. Their venting is not really reliable and you have to interrupt the feeding because a vaccuum has developed in the bottle. We used the Playtex drop ins later on. The idea was nice - not having to wash so many bottle parts, but the liners were an added cost.

Breast pump: I used an ancient Ameda one for a while, which worked great but I don't think they sell them anymore (at least, not that model). I've heard the Medela Swing is pretty good though.

Breast pads: I only ended up using the Gerber contoured ones (because it's what I bought while pregnant). I wouldn't buy them again - they were awkward and definitely pretty obvious under clothing. I never got a chance to use them, but I'd look into "lilypads" too - they're a silicone type "pad" that apparently works pretty well.

Breast creams: I used the Lansinoh cream. In retrospect, I think it interfered with the healing of my cracked nipples more than it helped. It also stains so beware.



(Also, if you're really into natural/green baby products (and not just how nice they smell - ha), I would spend some time researching them instead of just trusting the label: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2011/lousylabels/)

What is the name of this chamber for babies?

Q. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/19/us-births-adhd-idUSTRE73I57B20110419

is a chamber of glass.
I need the exact name please.
or any other name it has. P. 76


Answer
Incubator. It is used to keep premature or ill babies warm and isolated. Oxygen can be delivered as well, and vital signs monitored. It is also called an isolette, and it is made of plastic.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best baby products?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment