Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Suggestions on good baby monitors?

Q. I have a set of Fisher Price Sounds n Lights baby monitors, and their ability to pick up the tiniest sounds is great, but at random times they will just squeal extremely loud in a high pitched noise. It will even wake up my 5 week old daughter. She is a preemie, and she's only at 37 weeks now - so she's having stomach problems that hurt her, so the sleep she can get is precious for her.

Does anyone have any really good experience with a certain monitor? This is my first baby and I'm getting used to waking up to her cries - so I'd like the sensitivity of the monitors to be the same as these, I want to hear her LOUD and clear on the monitor. And the high pitches isn't due to other electronics, I just have an electronic clock in her room. Sometimes if you get close with a cell phone it'll do it - but 90% of the time it just does it randomly and loud loud loud!

Any mothers with advice, I'd appreciate it :)


Answer
I'm going to recommend the Sony Baby Call Monitor. We purchased it because it was the only one on the market that would not affect the cell phone usage in the house (and we figured they were all pretty much the same otherwise). You can get it on Amazon.com for about $30: http://www.amazon.com/NTM-910YLW-Sony-Baby-Nursery-Monitor/dp/B000S35QLC/ref=br_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1WDSCNEPMTGUH&coliid=I3CN073HZ5ZDKX
It also comes in a set with two receivers.

We liked it because you can adjust the sensitivity. There's a wheel on the side to adjust the volume of your baby's cry. This way, you can get used to her waking you up without being shocked out of your own sleep. Plus, our daughter made lots of noises in her sleep that kept us awake. We were able to set the volume so we didn't hear those noises, but did hear her crying.

The only experience they have with squealing, is if you unplug the baby's monitor from the wall. It's more of an alert system, so you hear the squeal on your end when someone's messing with the other monitor.

Also, the receiver gets real staticky when the microwave is on.

What is the best baby monitor on the market?




rhyno


Was thinking audio-only, but am interested in the newer video systems as well.


Answer
I have tried a few, and I have found that Fisher Price monitors are the best. Both in terms of sound quality and longevity. I don't have the latest version but baby bargins book always gives good advice on purchases.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Suggestions on good baby monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment