Monday, December 24, 2012

16 , first baby , scared , 3weeks left labour WTF ?

Q. just want to noe labour stories fully detailed and no holding back. from start till when the baby was born please i dont want to go there lost.

A. so the morning i went into labor was just a typical morning.. i was making a 5 a/m pee run to the potty.when i had layed back down.. i felt really crampy- almost period crampy or something. wasn't excruiating pain or anything-.... just annoying like.eventually i noticed that the pain would start up and stop again by it's self.. and i noticed it was kinda consistant (like ever 15 minutes or so). And i thought to my self.. HOLY CRAP THIS MUST BE A FRICKIN CONTRATCION!...... it got to the point where it evenutally became really uncomfortable so i called up the hospital and told the nurse told me to come on in another hour.. i'm
Didn't bring a bag or nothing because i thought that i'd be sent back home for over exaggerating my pain or something... we got there about 9:30 a/m-...and was put on the monitor thing where they listen to the baby's heartbeat, and watch ur contractions on the screen to see where i was. When i went in I was dialated at a 3. and 80% effaced.
A little while later, The contractions were getting SO BAD that i started crying--- and the uncomfroatble bed i was laying on was making my back hurt- so it wasn't helping much either. --- Nurse came in and checked me around 1 and said i was dialated to 4 and still 80% effaced
a little while later, and more crying- plus a lot of walkin up and down the hallways I started to loose my moucous plug But was dialated to a 5..so got moved to labor room, Took a Jacuzzi (which i recommend..... it helps with the pain so much!)Then... I really needed medicine by then... I was desperate... So.. the nurse came in to give me an I.V..... She picked and poked, but couldn't locate a vein...... So a second nurse came in.... again......she picked and poked but couldn't locate a vein....... so they had to call EMS in ... She Picked, and Poked and got it in... *Getting poked like that, (Especially with an I.V) WHILE your in the middle of a contraction..... doesn't feel to hott*... So The I.V. was in... I thought the drip bag that was going into me was medicine.. NOT....it was the sugar water stuff so i dint get dehydreated... I found out i had to wait for the doc to come in and check me before i could get meds...so... FINALLY he came in..Checked me.. and I was dialated to a 6.... Said he'd ring up anestesialogist to get me an epidural. . . and they'd be up as soon as they could.... So I was just sitting there throuh contractions in AGONY WAITING!..Anyway-... Then i felt the urge that I needed to PUSH.... and i told the nurse.. i'm like.. NURSE I GOTA PUSH.. and she's like.. you can't your only at a 6! and i said.. no honestly.. and then it's like my body just took over and pushed.. i didn't do nothing (kinda like when u have to puke.. your body just does it*... anyway.. so she checked me and was like HOLY CRAP you just dialated from a 6 to a 9 in like 5 minutes! and she's like okay go head and push.. so i started.. and they paged Dr. Jentoft as soon as he got there.. i was at a full blown 10. so Pretty much-.... i dialated so fastly, that they couldn't give me any medicine..So I pushed for about 15 minutes and had him.I had to get a episomisty or something done *where they cut you*...7 lbs, 14.2 oz'.20 inches long.
below is the link for the MGH baby page to view Matthew's little picture!!
http://www2.mgh.org/MISC/babydev.nsf/ec343236996f5e1685256bff0065d4b6/02a943474af9bab68525735d00520d83?OpenDocument


Does this look like a good camera from these specifications?
Q. Metrics

Dimensions (WxHxD): 119.1mm x 76.5mm x79.8mm / 4.69"x3.02"x3.14"
Weight: Approximately 390 grams without battery and SD memory card (0.86 pounds) / approximately 499 grams with battery and SD memory card (1.10 pounds)
Optics

Camera effective pixels: 16.1 megapixels
Sensor size/total pixels/filter: 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor/16.4 total megapixels/primary-color filter
Aperture: F3.1�5.8 / two-step (F3.1/F8.9(W) / F5.8/F16.7 (T))
Optical Zoom: 21x
Focal Length: f=4.5�94.5mm (25�525mm in 35mm equivalent) / (27�567mm in 35mm equivalent in video recording)
Extra optical zoom (EZ): 26.5x (4:3/10M), 37.8x (4:3/5M), 48.5x (4:3/under 3M)
Lens: 12 elements in nine groups/(three aspherical lenses/five aspherical surfaces)
Optical image stabilizer: O.I.S. (on/off)
Digital zoom: 4x
Focusing area: Normal: Wide 30 centimeters�infinity/tele 200 centimeters�infinity/AF macro/intelligent auto/motion picture wide 2 centimeters�infinity /tele 60 centimeters�infinity
AF assist lamp: Yes (on/off)
Focus: Normal, AF macro, macro zoom/continuous AF (only for motion picture)/AF tracking
AF metering: Face/AF tracking/one area/nine area/spot
Shutter speed: Approximately 15�1/2000 seconds
Recording

File Format: Still image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3)/motion picture: quick time motion JPEG
Mode dial/mode button: Intelligent auto, P, M, SCN, motion picture, portrait, scenery, sports
Still-image scene mode: Panorama shot, night portrait, night scenery, food, baby (birthday only), sunset, high sensitivity
Continuous-shooting mode: Full-resolution image, 1.2 frames/second
Motion-picture recording (*2): [HD video] / 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second (HD/motion JPEG) / [STD video] / 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second (VGA/motion JPEG) / 320x240 pixels, 30 frames per second (QVGA/motion JPEG)
Exposure: Program AE, manual
Exposure compensation: 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
Auto (AE) bracketing: 1/3 - 3 EV step, Max.+/-3EV, three frames
Light metering: Multiple
ISO sensitivity: Auto/100/200/400/800/1600 high-sensitivity mode (ISO 1600�6400)
Still-picture recording: [1:1] / 3456x3456 (12M) / [4:3] / 4608x3456 (16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 2560x1920 (5M EZ) / 2048x1536 (3M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] / 4608x3072 (14M) / [16:9] / 4608x2592 (12M)
Image quality: Fine/standard
White balance: Auto/daylight/cloudy/shade/incandescent/white set
Color mode/color effect/my color: color mode: standard, vivid �normal only), black and white, sepia
Digital redeye correction: Yes
Self Timer: 2 seconds/10 seconds
Playback

Playback mode: Normal playback, slideshow, category, calendar playback
Thumbnails/zoomed playback: 12, 30 thumbnails/yes
Calendar display/dual-image playback: Yes/no
Set favorites/rotate image: No/no
Show histogram: Yes
DPOF print setting/set protection: No/yes
Resize/cropping/aspect conv./leveling: Yes/yes/no/no
Copy/title edit/text stamp: Yes/no/no
Cut animation: No
Video divide: No
PictBridge support: Single/multi/all
Setup

OSD Language: English, Spanish
Others

LDC monitor: 3.0"(7.5cm) TFT screen LCD display (460K dots) / field of view : approximately 100% / off, power-LCD mode, auto power-LCD mode, high-angle mode
Built-in flash: Auto, auto/redeye reduction, forced on, slow sync/redeye reduction, forced off, / 0.6�6.8m (wide/ISO auto), 0.6�3.6m (tele/ISO auto)
Recording media: Built-in memory, SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
Built-in memory: Approximately 109MB
Microphone/speaker: Mono/mono
Interface: AV output (NTSC), USB multi
Power: AA battery/Ni-MH battery x 4
Battery life: 380 pictures (AA battery)(CIPA standard)
Included software: Photo fun studio 8.2 LE / Adobe Reader
Standard accessories: Four alkaline AA batteries, AV cable, USB cable, shoulder strap, CD-ROM, lens cap, lens-cap string
It's the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ20K

A. Sounds rather bad to me.

Here are the pieces of information that turn me off:

"Camera effective pixels: 16.1 megapixels"
Too many MP. That causes needlessly much image noise in low light situations. MP are NOT a measure of image quality!

"Optical Zoom: 21x
Focal Length: f=4.5�94.5mm (25�525mm in 35mm equivalent) / (27�567mm in 35mm equivalent in video recording)"

Such excessive optical zoon is detrimental to image quality.

"Aperture: F3.1�5.8 / two-step (F3.1/F8.9(W) / F5.8/F16.7 (T))"
These maximum aperture figures are rather poor. This further excarbates any problems in low light situations or to sustain sufficient shutter speeds at extreme zoom.
Low numbers are better here.

Then again, these specs may perhaps be reasonable for a superzoom camera - but that type of camera usually sacrifices image quality for convenience. These cameras offer the worse image quality compared to other point and shoot cameras at the same price figure.


What is the best camera for photography?!?
Q. I am a photographer who is trying to get into event shooting. Weddings, parties, babies, kids, engagements, stuff like that. I would like to spend around $500. I know I want it to have a quick shutter speed, the camera I have now is sooo slow I always miss the shot :(. The big requirements for me is that it has high resolution, quality images and is quick, I don't want to start charging people and then give them crappy pictures, you know. I do like a manual zoom, but it is'nt a requirement. Also, I want digital. I have read reviews up the wazoo, but they can be extremely persuasive. I would just like to know what other photographers are using and love. I am soo afraid to spend that amount of money and end up hating the product. Any ideas? And please don't respond if you are just going to say the latest camera you heard about, please be an actual user and know something about camera's :)
Also, is there a camera that just takes good quality images without having to buy various lenses and all that?

A. I recommend to anyone seriously contemplating the purchase of a new digital SLR camera to consider these two primary questions:
1. How much money do you have to spend???? $500.? $800.? $1,500.?
2. What level of photography do you aspire to "progress to" in the coming years ? (i.e. basic beginner, intermediate, or professional/business use).
For most beginners to intermediates I usually suggest one of these two manufacturers: Canon vs Nikon

1. Canon EOS Rebel model XSi. (Also known as the Canon 450D in Britain) The "kit" package comes with an 18-55mm zoom lens. The camera has pop-up flash, 12.2 Megapixels, and shutter speeds up to 1/4000th, 100-1,600 ISO sensitivity, 7 auto exposure Scene modes, PLUS Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Programmed Exposure Modes and Manual. It also has a 3 inch LCD screen, 3.5 frames continuous per second max., 9 point AF system, Live View Functioning and the ability to record photos in 3, 6 or 12 Megapixels PLUS numerous other great features found only on more expensive cameras. Wal-Mart is also selling them now for about $799. Sam's Club also has them for $729. I also think that Amazon dot com has them for around $650.

I bought one of these 6 months ago and use it as my "back up" camera. I absolutely love it. I have gotten some fantastic photos with it and cannot praise it enough. I routinely enlarge my photos to make 8x10's and 11x14 size enlargements with no noticeable distortion or loss of detail in the pictures.

2. Nikon D-90: If you prefer to use Nikon equipment I strongly recommend the Nikon D-90 which has 12.3 Megapixels, 3 inch monitor with Live View, 200-3,200 ISO sensitivity, 11 point AF system with Face Priority, 4.5 frames per second in continuous mode, 5 advanced Scene modes for auto exposure plus Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Programmed Auto plus Manual. The D-90 sells for around $900-950. (Body ONLY. The 18-55mm lens cost an additional $150.-175.) Typically, Nikon equipment is slightly more expensive than Canon equipment, but (having owned both Nikon and Canon cameras), I have seldom noticed BETTER quality results using Nikon equipment.

You might also consider the Nikon D-40 ($499) kit that comes with the 18-55mm lens. Another great choice is the Nikon D-60 kit ($649) which also comes with the 18-55mm lens. All of these Nikon's can be found at Best Buy or Amazon dot com for a very low price.

These selections are probably the best choices for any beginner to intermediate skill level, offering the most lenses and other accessories, dealers and places to purchase.

I strongly recommend that ALL beginners buy a good book on digital photography AND take a class or two from a Vocational school or Community Education Center in your area.
You can learn more about the technical specifications of each of these two cameras at these websites:
http://www.usa.canon.com
http://www.nikonusa.com

Good Luck


I'm having a c-section tomorrow morning. Should I be scared?
Q.

A. I had a vaginal birth with my first one and a c-section with my second one. I would take the c-section any day.

I know you are excited about the birth of your child but are probably seeking the "What to expect when you're having a c-section" book. Well, to my knowledge that book doesn't exist but I can tell you what happend with me and my c-section.

1st: They will take you back and shave your pubic hair a little bit...just the top inch or so.

2nd: They will at some point have started your IV...I already had one since I had been in the hospital for 5 weeks...so I don't know exactly when they will put yours in.

3rd: They will take you back first and get you set up. The OR will be cold...I still maintain that mine was like 50 degrees. They start your spinal/epidural and lay you down on what I thought looked like a cross. Some people have had their arms tied down but I asked that they not do that because I couldn't handle feeling "trapped".

4th: They will put up the screen, get your belly prepped, and make sure you are totally numb.

5th: They will bring your husband in and start on the surgery.

6th: You'll feel them tugging and talking to you. Our doctors were really good about telling me exactly what was going on, I'm sure yours will too.

7th: You will hear the sweetest sound in the world. The sound of your little one taking his/her first breath.

8th: They will take care of the baby and your husband will likely be taking pictures while they stich you back up.

9th: You will go into recovery for about an hour so they can monitor you but you'll be able to cuddle your little one so time will go by quickly.

10th: You will slowly be taken off your great drugs and you will begin to feel a fair amount of pain. The first time you stand up, cough, move, etc. you will have your breath taken away. It is rough going but the more you get up and move the faster you are going to feel better though it is hard to believe at the time. It is a hot pain and pretty much sucks but you will be okay and it will be worth it.

Good luck and remember to take things slowly at first and allow yourself to heal and don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 16 , first baby , scared , 3weeks left labour WTF ?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment