Thursday, December 27, 2012

Building a Computer...Can you help me!?!?

Q. Ok so i am currently running a Pentium 4 dell factory 8300 desktop computer.
http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/desktops/0,1000000968,10004197,00.htm I updated the graphics card last year to a very nice ATI card, and i also added another 512 stick of Ram. Everything is fine on it, but i just want more speed/power/reliability. So i am wanting to build myself a new computer and purchase the parts off of new egg. My question is what all do I need to buy, and what can i steal from my old comp?

I figure the new Core Duo processor is a must. (2.0 GHZ)
I also am going to get a new tower. (This will come with a power supply).
I will steal my old graphics/video card as well as mouse, keyboard, speakers, and monitors.
Do I need to buy a CD-Rom, CD-RW, CD-DVD or can i steal these too?
Motherboard? If so how much memory usage do i need for serious gaming?
Sound card, can i steal this from the Dell?
Ram, I currently have a gig of ram in the other comp, can i steal these too?

A. ok well first. the core duo is nice but it will not work on your current mobo. the core duo is a lga type (which has not pins)
so you will need a new mobo. next yes you can use your optical drives(dvd cd)
you will probably need to use different memeory as well. most mobos use ddr2 which is much faster. i would go with at least 2gigs of this.
next get a seriousl graphics card with at least 256 and either agp2 or a pci express. i recomend either stealth with a radeon chipset or a realy nice nividia card.

also not to knock new egg but you might want to try global first they tend to have a little better slection on cases and on prices they are alot lower than most places.

one last thing when you get your new mobo,tower and stuff make sure you get at least 2 case fans. one push back and one pull in front to keep this monster cool. eithr that or do what i did and put yourself togethr a system with these parts.

intell core duo extreme
3 gig of ddr2
2tb hardrive(sata)
stealth graphics card with radeon 9800 running 512mb pci express
volcano temp and tach case fans
water cooler
850 watt power supply
asus motherboard (ifogot the number)
a 37" lcd screen
wireless mouse and kb
linksys 2.4 ghz wireless dsl setup

this baby kicks a>>
good luck dude
let me know how it goes ok. and hey dont burn down the house doin it like i almost did with my first build 10 years ago.lol


My Tegu refuses to eat.?
Q. She is losing weight and getting weak. Is tube feeding safe? What type of mixture etc would I give her for food?
Any ideas would help greatly. If u have a better solution I'd like to hear it as well.
Thanks,

Disturbed_duo

A. Do not try and force-feed your tegu unless you have previous experience doing so and have been advised by a vet to start. If your tegu is not eating and is getting to the point she is visibly losing weight/getting weak you may have waited too long (a healthy tegu can miss several meals before this occurs). Take her into your herp vet for an assessment and advice.

Address any husbandry that could be the underlying cause of her hunger strike. Temps and humidity first and adjust as needed. I keep my personal tegus and my foster tegus the same as I keep my monitors (temp wise) ~ A basking surface temp of at least 130/135 and the rest of the enclosure ranges from cool to warm end in the 75-89 degree range (though obviously much warmer as you get near the basking areas). A properly kept tegu is a lot like a properly kept monitor ~ provide the right temps, substrate and a hide the little buggers have amazing appetites.

Pick up a couple jars of baby food in an attempt to stimulate your tegu's appetite, put just a little smear on the side of her mouth so she can lick it off. Sometimes I use that trick with some of my fosters to induce a feeding response. Try chicken or lamb and peas/carrots or squash. Have food available to her at all times (her salad) and offer prey items a couple times a day (it sounds bad, but if she is getting weak and slow and can't catch her bugs remove a few legs from the crickets/roaches, don't offer live rodents unless it's pinky rats).

~I would stay away from dog food and definitely from ensure (a milky, sugary people food... not something reptiles are designed to digest, the sugar overload can also caue dehydrative diarhea) and pedialyte (lotsa sugar, not formulated for lizards). There are plenty of reptile appetite stimulants if you choose to go that route.


10 points to the best answer-I need to set up a webcam.Give me the best website for complete instructions.?
Q. Heres the kicker.I have a site for the camera thats secure,has electricity,but no phone or cable lines.My budget is maybe $5,000.00.thats plenty for soft-hardware,but not enough to run
cable or phone to this site.Is there a way around this?Thanx everyone!

A. How to install a wireless webcam
webcams are normally used for communication, and are so called because you access and manage them through your browser. That means you can log on and see people from virtually anywhere in the world. Some webcams even have motion detectors.

I wanted to use mine to watch my baby son while I work on my laptop in another room. I also wanted to be able to see him while I'm away on business, and in the future I might want to use the camera for home security.

I chose a D-Link DCS 2100* webcam. It comes with software that lets you archive video to your hard drive, as well as manage and monitor as many as 16 cameras. The camera connects either through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. Since I have a wireless network, there's no need to add extra wiring to the house. But that doesn't mean I can just put it anywhere. The camera does need a power supply.

My desktop system is a PC I built late last year with an Intel® Pentium® D processor running Microsoft Windows XP*. I also have a laptop equipped with Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology. My husband has an HP notebook with an Intel® Pentium® III processor. Our wireless network runs on a Linksys* router.

Step by step
I began by following the webcam's installation instructions. The instructions told me to connect the wireless antenna and turn on the camera. At that point, my router was supposed to be able to see the camera. But it wasn't quite that easy.
Next, I tried connecting the camera directly to my router using an Ethernet cable. I reset the camera by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole on the back of the camera. This pushed down the button long enough for the LED lights on the front of the camera to recycle twice and a blinking green LED to come on. I then clicked the IP installer in the software and got a connection to the camera.
In the IP installer window, I saw the Media Access Control address of the camera. I clicked on it and I was redirected to my camera's IP address where I saw an image of the camera. Now I had to configure the camera.
I clicked on the configuration tab to the left of the video screen. The Advanced Configuration screen came up so I could configure the camera for my wireless LAN. I kept the top items set to the defaults and concentrated on the lower half, starting with the WLAN configuration.
I set my service set identifier (SSID) to the same as my router.
I left the wireless mode set to 'infrastructure.' The channel default was 6, the same as the rest of my components.
Now came the tricky part. Because I wasn't using a D-Link router, I apparently had to set my transmission (TX) rate to 11Mbps. This wasn't clear to me or explained in the instructions. I had to call D-Link Tech Support to sort it out.
I left the Preamble set to "Long," since that was the default.
I ticked the box for "Data Encryption."
I left the Authentication mode on "Auto."
I set the key length to 128 bits.
I kept the "Key Format" at "Hex."
I entered my 26-character key that I used for my router and the rest of my wireless network.
I clicked "Apply" and the camera restarted. When the solid green LED came on, I knew I was ready.
I unplugged the camera from my router, unplugged the camera from the power outlet long enough for it to power down, and then plugged it back into the outlet.
It worked. The camera was able to send video directly to Internet Explorer. If the process had gone smoothly, it would have taken me 15 to 30 minutes, but as always, your experience might vary depending on your equipment and other factors.
Now that the camera was connected, I set it up to email me when it detected motion. It took a little while to get the settings to work correctly. You need to enter your Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) information in the email tab in the camera's setup software. Then you set the motion detection settings by specifying how much motion has to happen before the camera is triggered to send you an email. It's easy to do, but you may need to adjust some settings to get the sensitivity you want.

To see if it worked, I mounted the camera by the front door to see if it would detect someone at the front door. It did. An email arrived as my brother rang the door bell. Clicking on the video link, a real-time video of him at the door came on my screen.

Finally, I put the camera in my son's room and pointed it at his bed. I went back to the living room where my laptop was and connected to the camera through my browser - and he came into view. The camera has audio capabilities, so not only can I see him, I can also hear any sounds he makes.

Online resources
Check out PC CCTV home security at icatcher*
AND you can Install motion detecting security with webcam Watchdog


(need cloth diaperers and breastfeeders) Im sticking to the basics but what else for a baby registry?
Q. This is what I have on there (im breastfeeding and using cloth diapers)
Cradle n Swing
Jumperoo
Boppy
Playpen Net (I already have the playpen and plan to use it as a bassinet)
Carseat Net (already got the carseat and stroller too)
Head support for carseat
JJ Cole Bundle me for carseat
The Moby Wrap
Babybjorn infant potty chair (thought Id try early potty training since im cloth diapering)
Safety First easy saver diaper pail
Halo Cotton Sleepsack
Playtex insulated bottle cooler (for transporting expressed milk)
9 4oz Playtex Drop-in bottles
Drop in Liners
18 breastmilk adapter rings for dropin liners
Grabn go bottle warmer
madela pump in style double (any thing good to say about a cheaper pump?)
Sounds n lights monitor
Kushies Biodegradable diaper liners
Gel free breast pack
Graco convertible crib ( do these come with a matress?)
Keep me dry sheat saver pads
1 serta contour pad
Crib Wedge
Vented sleep postioner
temporal artery thermometer
Sun Dome ( we go to the beach alot)
3 Dozen infant cloth diapers
6 thirsties diaper covers
3 snappis
How many onesies should be here?
6 Mommys touch One size aio diapers w?snaps (for outings and going to grandmas)

I already have 4 Receiving Blankets, 6 night gowns, countless outfits and pajamas)

A. If your cloth diapering you might want to skip the onsies and get tshirts. The onesies can sometimes pinch the sides of cloths causing them to leak. I would also get a few more covers, you can never have too many. In the beginning my son pooped every 2 hours and is usually got on the cover so I needed about 10-12 liners a day.
I also prefer pocket diapers, they take less time to dry and you can stuff them as much as you want.
I have an avent isis duo breast pump. I have nothing but good things to say about it; however, to buy again I would only get a single pump. I usually only pump once or twice a day and only once have I used both pumps at once. I guess that is going to depend on how much you have to pump. Actually I probably use my avent hand pump the most and its a lot easier to carry around with me. It just depends on how much pumping you will be doing. Don't forget to get small and large bottles, as your baby gets bigger and while your engorged you will be able to pump more than 4 oz at a time.
My son loves his jumparoo, but I think the exersaucer was a much better purchase for us. More activities and he can use his little feet to move around, plus it open up to an activity center for when he's bigger.
other things I can think of...
Storage bags for breast milk?
Nipples for all ages and stages?
Medela sleep bras?
Nursing bras?
Extra bobby cover for when it gets soiled?
Bumbo seat (my son still loves his)?
A travel wetbag for dirty cloth diapers?
A hanging wetbag?
Reusablee/washable breast pads?
Nursing cover if you are going to feed in public (a blanket works well but its just not the same)?
These are just a few things I had to buy during the first month that I didn't realize I would want or need.
How wonderful to see another mother cloth diapering, we love it and do not find it to be a hassle at all. Sure there is an adjustment period in the beginning but once you've go it down you will never want to go back to those awful disposables.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Building a Computer...Can you help me!?!?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment