Monday, December 24, 2012

Would you go over to your neighbors house while your child was napping?

Q. ...if you brought the baby monitor or if you had one of those video baby monitors? My friend and I are debating about it.

A. NO WAY

Well. a mom did this in our town a couple of years ago. The hot water tank exploded and all three kids died in the fire. She was unable to get into the house to save them, and all under age 5 so they were probably terrified. They were found on the floor in their rooms, probably trying to escape or find mom. And then last summer, I think, there was that Texas day care fire in a home. The day care lady put them down for nap, and went to Target. She returned the smoke was too thick to go inside. Kids died.


What age are babies supposed to start babbling?
Q. When are babies supposed to start going bababa, mamama, and dadada??

My son is 6 months old and will only say ma, ba, ga, and da. He doesn't string the sounds together. Should I be worried?

A. your son is right on target. my daughter has a therapist that monitors her development... she is over 8 months old and her therapist said that the single consonant/vowel combinations are right where she needs to be at her age. some babies, of course, will be stringing the sounds together sooner than others but anytime up to 10 months (even 12 months) is totally normal.


How soon can you hear the babies heartbeat with a prenatal listening system?
Q. I was thinking about buying one of those prenatal listening systems from target I was just wondering when's the soonest I would be able to hear the heartbeat on one of those.. I already heard it at the Dr.'s office with the doppler...

A. They are super-sensitive, but unfortunately pretty much all we could hear was our hands guiding the speaker over my stomach.

The instruction manual says you can hear the heartbeat around the start of your third trimester (for the Bebe sounds monitor, anyway). We could hear gurgling and swooshing before then, but how knows if it was the baby moving or just air bubbles.

It is nice to think it's the baby moving, though... even if it really isn't.


How long will I see results from using the elliptical to lift and tone my butt?
Q. I had a baby 5 months ago and lost all baby weight within two months. I now need to tone up especially my butt. I have been using an elliptical this week and have gone 4 miles a day on it. I have started doing squats and leg lunges also 20 each with 5 pd weights in my hands. So now how long will it take to see the results if I continue this routine every M-F?

A. Don't do the squats and lunges everyday, give them 24-48 hours to recover. Also, you should do them in sets, like 3 sets of 8-12, not just 1 set of 20, otherwise you're going to plateau FAST. I usually find myself increasing the weight after only 3 weeks. Unless your goal is whatever you are after 3 weeks, eventually they'll become ineffecitive (you'll need to increase your reps or increase your weight).

For the elliptical, make sure that you maintain a good speed, good form (don't lean, have upright posture), and you monitor your exertion (stay within your recommended heart rate). Honestly, running (even walking) is better than an elliptical, if you want to target your butt.

Usually you'll see results in a month, if you're good about diet also. If you dramatically increase your weights, like I do sometimes, results will be seen after 2 weeks (hey, look, there's my sartorious muscle!)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would you go over to your neighbors house while your child was napping?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment