Sunday, December 23, 2012

Would i be induced early if i have high blood pressure but my preclampsia test comes back negative?

Q. My blood pressure was 177/86. Now being on medication its still 144/85. I am doing a 24 hour urine collection now to test for preeclampsia. If its negative will I still have this baby early? I have a repeat c section scheduled for 39 weeks. I am currently 35 weeks 2 days.

A. they will continue to monitor you frequently and the baby in the event of continuous high blood pressure as it can become preeclampsia at any time. they may put you on bed rest as well or if they are worried will admit you or up your medication dose. if your situation preeclampsia or not is deemed a risk to you or baby they will induce you asap aslong as baby is in safe zone. my mother got preeclampsia at 34 weeks and was induced at 37 weeks because it was bad.

i had high blood pressure at 150/133 but luckily bed rest put it right so i was able to continue naturally

good luck


The cheapest way to do a video 'baby monitor'?
Q. We are getting ready to move into a new home. The attic is going to be the children's playroom. I am looking for the cheapest way to put up a video feed from up there to the 1st floor. I just want to have a computer monitor or tv set up in the living room to keep an eye on them when I'm on the 1st floor. Thank you!

A. I'm thinking maybe a cheap old computer with a webcam? Maybe Radio Shack would have something cheap. Baby monitors are like $150.


whats the difference between regular ovulation test sticks and the moniter?
Q. i know there are regular pee on a stick ovulation predictor test sticks but i also seen a "clearblue easy fertility moniter" which is a moniter and test sticks (that are sold seperately) and this thing cost $150. has anyone used it? is it better? does it do anything more?

A. If you are undergoing infertility treatment, the monitor with separate test sticks is usually cheaper. In addition, someone who doesn't have a period regularly or truly suspects they don't ovulate with any regularity would find the monitor to be less expensive.

The regular pee on the stick predictors are more for those who don't have an identified problem and want to know when they are ovulating so that they can plan their baby, more or less.


How much does a baby initially cost?
Q. Like, to start off buying all the supplies...crib, changing table, dresser, diapers, clothes, bath stuff, first aid, maternity clothes, decorate the babies room..etc.

we dont need insurance money..my husband is military.
im thinking around 4,000? the bedroom set i found was 1200...
Yeah, I like Walmart ones too. I also want one of the changing tables that have the bookshelf thing..they look like a china cabinet sort of thing? Do you know what Im talking about?

A. Around $1500-and I have nice stuff. A bedroom set for 1200? The crib I have is from Walmart and was $150 and is really nice. Its all on what you really want I guess. A lot of things aren't necessary.


EDIT:

I just wanted to add a few things:
My little girl doesn't have a dresser as she has a closet in her bedroom for storage and to hang up clothes.
The only furniture we have is a Crib, as a bassinet and changing table also were unnecessary.
We don't have a monitor, as I won't ever be far away from my daughter.
Diaper pails are a total waste of money-do diapers really need their own garbage? No.
We don't have a swing or a bouncer-cute, but not necessary. We do have a high chair that was $90 from Target that was a gift that she can sit in if she needs to.
The travel system I bought was from babiesrus.com and it was $200 and VERY good quality.
The only crib bedding we have is a waterproof mattress pad and a couple sheets, as they don't suggest anything in the crib anymore due to SIDS risk, so that is a big money saver.

Also-Thrift stores/consignment shops are nice for clothing, but don't buy used furniture or anything else there unless you absolutely know its safe.

We received a playpen as a gift and they are nice to have-the one I received was about $70.

I also signed up for coupons at baby product websites-they really help.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would i be induced early if i have high blood pressure but my preclampsia test comes back negative?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment