Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Based on your actual experience, what is the best baby video monitor for sale?

Q. I've heard so many different, mixed reviews. I'm mostly concerned about them not working with our wireless network (which I don't know how to tweak). If anyone has a good one that works well with a wireless network that doesn't cost TONS of money, please pass on the info. Thanks!

A. What do you mean working with wireless network? Most baby monitors are wireless, but they don�t connect to a modem. Do you just mean without a cord or actually hooked up to a computer? I have been using Summer Infant Hand Held Video baby monitor for 6 month now and can�t complain. It sees at night and has color. The monitor is hand held so you can carry it with you where you want to. At first the battery would last 3-4 days now it lasts 2 days, then you have to recharge, but it can be on when charging. I got mine on eBay at half the cost. If you still don�t have your baby and don�t need one ASAP. Start looking for deals. I got ours 2 month before the baby was born but it took me 4 weeks to get the deal I wanted.
I�m also using a wireless connection on my laptop and there is no interference with the monitor, it�s working perfectly fine. Also it does NOT pick up cell phones, radios or other babies.


What is the best and worst aspect of being a labor and delivery nurse?
Q. I am a nursing student, and I am most interested in working in labor and delivery. I was just wondering what what the best and worst part of that unit is and if the burnout rate is high. I imagine the hardest part would be letting a baby go home with obviously unfit parents, and stillbirths. How often does this happen? How are you typically treated by patients? Do you HAVE to assist in circumcisions? In general could you just tell me anything you think would be helpful

A. I'm an LDRP nurse and I love it. I feel like I have the best job in the world. The best part of my job is being a part of the most important event in people lives. We get alot of feedback from our patients through patient call backs and surveys, and nothing makes my day like seeing a patient or patient family say that I made a difference. Just knowing that I made that family's birth experience a little more special is an awesome feeling.
I don't think the burnout rate is high, most nurses who work in this area are here because this is where they truly want to be and love what they do.
The hardest parts are the obvious, when we don't get a good baby, drug addicted moms, poor home situations etc., but also, dealing with some of the doctors can be difficult. This can be a very intense unit and the docs tend to be very intense and can be very difficult to deal with at times. As a nurse you need to know your stuff and be able to handle doctors when things aren't going as planned. Remember that every pregnant woman that comes through the door is 2 patients, the fact that we cannot see one of them makes it all the more important that we are experts at reading monitors and knowing signs and symptoms of something going wrong.
And, yes, if you work in a postpartum unit you will have to assist with circumcisions. It's not that bad, you just have to remove your personal feelings from the situation. I work midnights, so I don't have to do it often, docs do circs when they make rounds on day shift.
Labor/Delivery is not the kind of place you work because you think it might be fun to care for babies and be part of the birth experience. It's the kind of place either you "love it" or you "hate it". It takes a long time, alot of dedication and learning experiences before you can be good at it. Be sure it's what you want before you make that kind of decision.


Why are wolf spiders intent on depositing their babies in my garage?
Q. Tonight I stomped on a female wolf spider about the size of a silver dollar just before she scuttled into my garage. Then I spent another minute or two stomping the zillions of babies that ran off her. Why is my garage sought out as a haven for wolf spiders and scorpions, and is there any way to dissuade them from entering?

A. you said it yourself. your garage is no doubt a relatively safe
place for spiders to nest. (a haven)
normally wolf spiders burrow in the ground, but do wander
in search of food at night. if they are threatened in any way,
they will seek refuge anywhere they can be safe.
wolf spiders are not aggressive to humans, and would only
bite if you grabbed one and squeezed it in your hand.(or perhaps
trap one under clothing against the skin).
A wolf spider made a home behind my computer, where she
lived for over two years. she was never a nuisance.
on a couple of occasions, I had to deal with a hundred spiderlings
all over my desk,keyboard,monitor, chair etc. this is short lived
however, as for the lack of food, they resort to cannibalism,
and soon kill each other off. after a couple days, no more spiders.
I get crickets and roaches, and while the spider was around,
I had very few of them. My avatar is a closeup of this spider.


How to transition pet cat to new baby?
Q. I have a cat that I adopted last July. We recently had a baby (on the 27th of April). Our cat is very jealous and has become extraordinarily clingy. She used to be quite independent. How can I make my cat feel like a valued member of oir family again, and also teach her to leave our baby alone? I don't leave them alone together, but my cat tries to climb in my lap while I am feeding our baby, tries to get in our baby's face while she is in the carrier, etc.

A. First of all ALWAYS greet the cat before you deal with the baby - the cat was there first. Treat it like an older sibling. These are typical reactions and you should not push the cat away. Most cats are more curious about the new baby and I found it was better to just monitor their interactions to the baby.

Talk and pet the cat as you take care of the baby and be sure to clip the nails weekly and/or get SoftPaws nail caps to prevent problems.

Added: the above are typical actions and myths that are said about cats/babies. None of it is true. My son was raised with cats and kittens and no one got hurt. They never bothered the baby and as my son grew and started to crawl he was taught how to be nice to the cats. They never had to defend themselves - my son was never scratched. Its possible to have both, but the more you "separate" them the more the cat will be determined to find out why. As I said, treat this as an older sibling who wants to know his younger sibling!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Based on your actual experience, what is the best baby video monitor for sale?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment