Thursday, December 20, 2012

How can I stop my cordless phone from interfering with my wireless router?

Q. I have 2.4 ghz spread spectrum cordless phone that autoselects the clearest channel everytime you use the phone and there is no way to change the channel manually. I also have a linksys 2.4 ghz wireless router. Using the cordless phone renders my wifi useless 9 times out of 10. I have tried to change the routers wireless channel (possible values are 1-11 I think) but that did not solve the problem. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent this interference?

A. Each device uses the same frequency band (as do garage door openers, baby monitors, Web cams, ....).

You can change frequency bands for one or the other. Use a 5Mhz phone, or a 5MHz band WiFi gear (802.11a).

Reduce the relative signal strength seen by the 802.11b/g stuff you've got. Move the phone to the other end of the house. Move the laptop (or whatever) closer, leaving the phone in the same place, ... Add an antenna (probably a corner reflector (chicken wire may be a perfectly sensible material) for the rubber ducky type of antenna design most commonly seen) to both ends of the WiFi link (you may not have to physically crack open the radios at either end, but note that this dodge increases signal strenght in one direction (and does the same to receiver sensitivity). Since both the phone handset(s) and the mobile WiFi device (a laptop, probably) is also mobile, this isn't any kind of universally adequate dodge. Find a way to reduce the phone's signal strength (probably not possible to non-techie types) unless it's possible to say, put soeme absorbing or reflecting material between the phone and the WIFi radios. An experimental bronze foil covered wall, perhaps. Ought to work well if you can keep the two radio types out of each other's effective range. May not be possible in some kinds of interior decorating environments. consult with those in charge before trying anything like this.

Another dodge ito try to arrange that the WiFi antennas are a 90 degree polarizatino difference than the phone antennas (as usually used; if you have sprawling teenagers, this may not be predictable).
Since both devices operate (or probably do) in a spread spectrum mode, each will appear to the other to be a general increase in the noise level against which they must work. Changing channels (if possible) isn't likely to be very effective. Too much noise, no radio receiver will be able to make sense of what it hears.


I think I am ready to make the big bassinet to crib switch?
Q. I have a very small bedroom and would love the extra space. And I know I have to do it eventually anyway. I have a wonderfull room set up for my almost 4 month old baby, I am looking for some advice on how to make the switch easier on both her and me. We have a great bedtime routine, and she sleeps through the night, but I wake up connstantly to check on her.
I know I need to do this, but I am a new mommy and to be honest it just scares me to move her.
As far as the transition for her I don' t think she will have much trouble, I sometimes have her nap in her crib, but she doesn't sleep much during the day.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

A. If you keep the baby monitor close to the baby and the volume on the receiver turned up, you'll be able to hear her breathing. It'll help comfort you. I know it's hard the first week or so to move them to their own room, but I would let my son go to sleep in his room, then when he woke up for a feeding a would bring back into my room to sleep. I did that less and less and eventually was able to get through the night with him sleeping in his own room.


How do I choose the best frequency for my cordless phone?
Q. What is the difference between the frequencies?

A. the best a safest you can get right now is the DECT6.0....

http://www.101phones.com/browse/18b145148f9d8fa63849b02bfc08698e/DECT_6.0_phones/?link=leftmenu

What's the difference between 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz phones?

Your average cordless phone is actually a radio transmitter/receiver that operates across various radio frequencies. The three currently used frequencies are 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz. As you step up in frequency, you'll experience an increase in the signal clarity and the range your phone can reach from its base station. However, the actual range and sound quality of your phone can be affected by obstructions within your home and interference from other electronic devices. Here are some general guidelines for choosing one of the three frequencies:
900 MHz

Most manufacturers have begun to phase out 900 MHz phones with AT&T having phased them out completely. Phones operating on this frequency are fine for household use and reasonably priced, though the features offered with these phones are limited.
2.4 GHz

The majority of phones on the market today operate on the 2.4 GHz frequency. This higher frequency provides better performance and sound quality than 900 MHz models. With more models to choose from, you'll also find more available features, including integrated speakerphones and support for multiple handsets. One thing to keep in mind is that other electronic gadgets, from baby monitors to wireless networking gear, increasingly use the 2.4 GHz band and may cause interference. If you use these items in your home, consider purchasing a 5.8 GHz phone.
5.8 GHz

5.8 GHz phones offer the latest in cordless telephone technology with the best clarity, range and possibly security. The biggest advantage to a 5.8 GHz phone is that its frequency band is less trafficked than the 2.4 GHz band, resulting in less interference. The chips that generate the 5.8 GHz signal are more expensive to manufacture, so expect to pay a bit more.
Analog versus digital

You can find both analog and digital models within all three of the main frequencies (900 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz).
Analog

Analog technology applies to a system of recording or transmitting sound. In an analog system, the changing energy in the sound is converted to energy variations in another medium, for example, magnetism in a tape.

Analog cordless phones are the most affordable and available option. You will experience adequate range and good voice quality. Drawbacks include poor security (anyone with a radio scanner will be able to listen in) and static when you move too far away from the base station.
Digital

Digital technology is also system of recording or transmitting sound. In digital systems, the changing energy in the sound is continually measured.


What is a good prank to pull at my party?
Q. I'm having a Sweet Sixteen party, and I want to pull a really good prank on my friends. Like, one that will get them really scared like on the show Scare Tactics. I'll have about five people in on it with me and the rest of the eight or so people at the party will not know. Give me any ideas, as long as it doesn't cost a bunch of money. Thanks!

A. preparation for prank,
1Tipe a ransom note.or do that cut out of newspaper thing and write i have (your name). if u ever want to see her again leave 100 dollars on (something in your yard). then ill return her.
disconnect your phone
2 hide a all black outfit,ninja style, in your yard. hide the ransom note too. put a baby moniter receiver there too.
3,put a baby monitor transmitter in room yull be in.
4 tell the peeps in on it to make sure everyone is scared,and have them say stuff like,what if shes dead or stuff to scare peeps.
also have them try to convince people its real.


prank ,
start after dark.
tell them You are going outside to get your ipod you left outside in the yard,sso u can listen to music with them.and go out,dress in the black outfit,and tape the note to a window in the room theyre in. hide very well. if they come out,stay hidden.theyll be thinking yoyr kidnapped. they cant call 4 help since the phones r disconnected.listen to them freak out with the baby moniter.


after prank,
email me and tell me how it went.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I stop my cordless phone from interfering with my wireless router?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment