Monday, December 17, 2012

What is a list of things you need for a baby?

Q. It's my first and I'm just really nervous about raising a child. I would like to know some things I'll need/want for my new baby.

A. Necessesities- crib or bassinet, 2 or 3 crib or bassinet sheets, 2 waterproof pads, 2 changing pads, 4 or 5 swaddling blankets, carseat, 4 or 5 pairs of socks, 4 or 5 onesies, 2 hats, 3 or 4 pairs of 1 piece footed pajamas, 4 or 5 burp cloths, 3 or 4 bibs, bottles and nipples and formula if formula feeding, newborn size diapers, wipes, vaseline or diaper rash cream, baby lotion, baby wash, 2 hooded baby towels, 4 baby washcloths, baby thermometer, baby Tylenol, bulb syringe

Things you do not have to have but are very nice to have- bouncer seat, boppy pillow, pacifiers, crib mobile, rocking chair, baby monitor, stroller (get one that you can recline or sit up), changing table, dishwasher basket for baby bottles, breastpump if you are breastfeeding, cute outfits for when family and friends visit, good digital camera for taking lots of pictures!


What is the general list of things I'm going to need for my baby?
Q. I know a crib and dippers and all the necessities like that. BUT what I really want to know is where you got your things and about how much did you pay roughly?
And how much of each thing am I going to need for lets say the first three months after the baby is born? roughly.
Im only 7 weeks along so I have plenty of time to stock up.

Please help.

A. nursing -
Breastpump, breast pads, breast cream, breast milk storage containers, nursing pillow (Bobby pillow is great thats what i bought), Burping clothes (you can use some cloth diapers), 4-6 bottles for breast milk or formula, Bottle sterilizer (If you dont use the drop ins), Bottle brush, Insulated tote (if using formula), 8-12 bibs, Pacifiers (if you plan to use them)

Baby care-
Parenting books (what to expect when your expecting, and what to expect the first year are great), Rattles, Teethers, Nail Clippers, Brush and comb, Digital thermometer (My mom told me to get the ear one its easy and effective), First aid kit, Diaper pail (The baby genie 2 is what I got), Diaper pail Refils, A baby monitor.

Bath-
Baby bathtub (one with a built in thermometer is great), 4 hooded towels, 12 washclothes, Bath toys

Toiletries -
Body wash, Shampoo no tears, Lotion, Alcohol swabs, Cotton swabs/balls, Diaper ointment (I got like 4 tubes of Destin),

Diapering accessories-
baby wipes, travel wipes,Diaper bag, Changing mat (most come with the diaper bag), Diaper rash creme (the most important thing - according to my mom)

Safety the hole house

Car seat (rear facing), Stroller - You can get both in a travel system -
I got the Graco travel system Its really nice

head and body support for your stroller and car seat
Car seat and stroller toys

Stroller blanket

Full size Swing, Stationary Entertainer, Play mat, Toys

Crib, Dresser with or without changing table, A recliner rocking chair so when you feed your baby, Crib mattress, 3 waterproof mattress pads, Crib bedding set with bumper,4-6 fitted crib sheets, 4-6 blankets, 4-6 recieving blankets, basket or storage bins, If you got a changing table get a pad, sheets etc for that, crib mobile

Baby book, Digital camera, thank you notes for gifts, photo album, CDs

homecoming outfit, 9-12 bodysuits, 2-4 cap bootie sets, 4-6 side snap shirts, 4-6 pull over suits, 6-8 stretch sleep n plays, 3-6 cotton overalls, 3 gowns, socks, clothing hangers unless using the dresser, baby mittens, sleep sacks

This is everything Ive bought so far...Well Ive bought a hell of alot more clothes...but girls clothes are so hard not to buy


Has anyone used a video baby monitor?
Q. How do they work?
What are the pros and cons?
I am thinking about buying one that you can have two monitors and see two rooms at once and was wondering how many people prefer it.

A. Congrats on baby #2!

I couldn't live with out my video monitor!! I have the Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld Color Video Monitor. The picture is so clear both at night and during the day. I love being able to check on my baby with out waking her. I don't even have to get out of bed unless she really needs me! I think if I only had the audio, I would have been getting up a lot more often to investigate every sound, especially during the first few months. The handheld part has a button on top so you can turn off the video screen if the light bothers you at night. Then if you hear something you feel you need to check on, simply click the button and the video comes back on. I read the reviews for this product. Many people say they could not get a signal. I never had a problem. I also read that they can interfere with wi-fi. My husband is a web developer... he never would have allowed wi-fi interference!

I highly recommend this monitor to all my friends. The only con I can think of is that I have had to change the channel due to static. Seriously, it's a flick of a button and I've had to do it maybe 3 times in 7 months. No biggie! I know you can get an extra camera for this monitor, but I don't need one yet. Here is what one person commented: "We bought a second camera to go with the monitor we already had. I love being able to switch back and forth between my two kids' rooms. Only issue is if the monitor is too close to one camera, you can have interference when trying to check on the other one."

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265802

Hope this helps.


I need i check list for everything a baby needs for its first year of life? Can anyone find one?
Q. I am planing on trying to conceive but i want to save up some money to make sure i am prepared. I need a check list of every single thing a baby will need for its first year of life.. Everything from car seats, to cribs, to diapers, ect. And im having trouble finding one. Any help?

A. Baby Care~
Baby care set: Brush, comb, nail clippers, thermometer & medicine dispensers
First aid supplies
Humidifier/vaporizer
Teething rings (2 or more)

Bathing~
Bathtub or contoured sponge
Bath toys
Washcloths (6 to 8)
Gentle shampoo or body wash
Baby lotion
Hooded towels (2 to 4)

Bedroom & Furniture~
Crib or bassinet
Mattress pad (2)
Crib bedding set
Fitted sheets (2 to 4, cotton and/or flannel)

Books, Baby CDs & More~
Colorful board books for Baby
Camera (digital, video, or film)
Baby book or journal
Personalized gifts
Baby CDs with classical, lullaby, or fun music

Diapering
Diapers
If cloth diapers, plastic pants and/or Velcro® covers (6 to 12)
Diaper bag
Diaper and accessory organizers
Rash ointment and powder
Wipes (at least 2 packs at all times)

Feeding~
Breastpump
Nursing pillow and nursing stool
Breastpads, shields, and cream
Lap pads (4 to 6) and burp cloths (3 to 4)
Bottles (6 to 8 of various sizes) and nipples
Bottle sterilizer and organizer
High chair (not needed until around 4 to 6 months)
Infant spoons (3 to 4)
Baby plates and bowls
Spill-proof cups (1 to 2)

Gear~
Rear-facing car seat
Car seat base for 2nd car
Safety mirror
Stroller
Portable crib or play yard
Sling or soft carrier
Bouncer seat
Swing
Jumper or stationary entertainer
Gym or play mat
Infant seat

Layette ~(for newborn to 6 months)
Homecoming outfit
T-shirts or kimonos (3 to 4)
Shirts and one-pieces (6 to 8)
Coveralls and outfits (2 to 4)
Layette sets
Sweaters (2)
Sleepwear and gowns
Receiving blankets (4 to 6)
Absorbent bibs (4 to 8)
Booties or socks (3 to 6 pair)
Hats (2 to 4)
Snowsuit or bunting and warm hat (for winter)

Safety~
Baby Monitor
Safety gate
Corner guards & tot locks

Toys~
Rattle
Plush toys
Crib mirror
Car seat toys

Just for Mom~
Prenatal massage
Nutritious meal substitute
Healthy snack
Prenatal vitamins
Maternity wear (pants, comfortable shoes, etc.)
Nursing bra
Sleep pillow
Parenting magazine





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a list of things you need for a baby?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment