Thursday, December 20, 2012

How often can you listen to a babys heartbeat (while pregnant) without causing harm?

Q. I bought one of those "baby heartbeat monitor"s (like the doctors have) and we asked the doctor if it would do any harm to the baby or my daughter and he said no. But we just got it today and already, we have listened to the heartbeat like 4 times for various family members. Is that too much?

A. nope, it shouldnt hurt the baby at all, so listen your little heart out ! it wont hurt you or baby. its awesome to hear the little heartbeat and know that theres a little one inside of you <3<3


Best way to monitor the babies heartbeat?
Q. I was wondering what the best tool is to use to monitor the babies heartbeat? I have a stethoscope and I can't really hear anything? I am 16 weeks pregnant. Also looking to see whats the least expensive.

A. The best thing and the only thing at this point in your pregnancy is a Doppler. They can get expensive to rent. Mine was about 40 a month and about 600 to purchase. I rented one for the month and it was the most amazing thing ever. I rented it from http://www.babybeat.com/ I will rent it again for my next baby. I was able to hear my sons heart beat at 15 weeks and could also hear my placenta. It also had a record feature. Its the same Doppler that they use in your OBs office.
http://c0nfusi0n.vip.warped.com/baby1.mp3
The link to my sons heart beat.

Stethoscope won't work till you are around 30 weeks or so. The same with the dopplers that you can purschase in the store. They won't work till you are about 32 weeks and with some people they don't work at all.


How do they monitor the babies heartbeat at 11 weeks pregnant?
Q. I am about 7 weeks pregnant at the moment, and I have an appointment next month to hear the heartbeat (when I'm about 11 weeks along)

How do they monitor the heartbeat this early? Will they use an ultrasound? And if so, Will I be able to see the baby as well? I know there is another type of machine to listen to it, but I don't know what that one's called. What did your doctor use for you this early on?

Just curious...This is my first child so I have a million questions. haha

A. They will probably try to get it on the doppler but if they can't they could do an ultrasound.I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks with my daughter and got to see the heart beat and then at 12 weeks I got to hear it.With my son they just did a doppler at 12 weeks.


Have you ever tried at home baby heart monitors?
Q. I am considering getting a baby heart monitor so that we can see if we can hear her heartbeat at home. Has anyone ever had any luck w/ the ones from target?

A. i'm not sure about the target ones but i was thinking about buying one from walmart and based on the reviews i read for it i'm unsure whether or not to go ahead and get it.
2 reviews said gave it good rating and 2 gave it bad ratings.

heres the link for the one i was looking at:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983010

its only $20 so i guess if it doesn't work it isn't too big of a loss. plus you can always return it.

if you do decide to get one make sure you read the reviews. they're very helpful.

so i couldn't be more of a help.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How often can you listen to a babys heartbeat (while pregnant) without causing harm?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment