Saturday, December 22, 2012

What baby monitor would you recommend for a newborn? I am leaning toward the kind with the video screen. Help

Q. I need to purchase a baby monitor soon, and would like to hear some pros and cons. I am really liking the idea of the type with camera and monitor to actually 'watch' the baby too, but what brands are best? Thanks for any advice!

A. i have the Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor and it is the most amazing thing ever it tells you the temp in babys room has a night light and monitors babys breathing and if there is none for 15sec a warning beep goes off and after 20 the thing goes crazy. I love it. I dont worry about sids and have been able to sleep much more then with my 1st.

look at this http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/english/hispeed/intro.html
it lets you kind of demo it online.


Baby monitor with web connection where the in home monitor will work even if my internet goes down?
Q. I am looking for a reliable video baby monitor that I can view on my computer at work, but that is independent in that it will continue to work as a monitor even if my internet connection goes down.
I already found one , the Sassy Web Watch Video Monitor, so I know they exist. I am looking for more options...

A. I think you are a bit in the future. Internet connections have to come from somewhere. Do you know how expensive a camera with its own internet connection would be? My home comcast goes down. My cell phone's 3G goes down. Even if you get a dedicated T1 line to your house it can and will still have down time.

Usually holes in the internet services are less then a minute long. While I realize a lot can happen in 1 minute, I doubt your nanny will be wonderful the whole day then magically know the net is down and start beating your kid.


Question for people that know anything about electronics or batteries?
Q. I have a baby monitor system and the camera plugs into the wall. I want to hook it up to batteries so that it is wireless. The input of the a/c adapter for the camera is 120VAC and the output is 12VDC. Would it work if i cut the 2 wires going to the black a/c adapter box thing, put one wire on the end of 8 connected AA batteries and the other wire on the other end of the 8 connected AA batteries?

A. yes you can... but.....

You need to know how much current the camera uses, this will tell you if you can use AA batteries of if you need D batteries.

The wall wart has a positive and a negative. You can cut the wire away from the wall wart and connect it to a battery box.

You can buy the battery box from:

www.meci.com
www.allelectronics.com
www.parts-express.com
www.mouser.com
www.digikey.com


Is there a good online store that I can buy a good IP camera?
Q. Hello guys, I am a new member, nice to meet you here. I'd like to buy a IP camera as a baby monitor for my three kids. Would you please recommend a good online store for me to purchase it? Any help will be much appreciated.

A. Well, I just get an phone from Culala.com cheap camera. so so





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What baby monitor would you recommend for a newborn? I am leaning toward the kind with the video screen. Help
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment