Friday, December 21, 2012

Is it better to connect on demand for directv with powerline ethernet adapter or lynksis adapter?

Q. There is a 3rd way connected directly with an ethernet cable but my hd dvr is in a completely different area and running wires around my house seems too complicated

A. I would definitely stay away from wireless if you can. The reason is that wireless is susceptible to all sorts of interference that can interrupt your network connection. And when streaming video, these interruptions will result in delays, pauses, and jitter in your video image. Things like cordless phones, microwaves, baby monitors, and neighboring Wi-Fi networks can all degrade the performance of your wireless network, resulting in poor image quality.

I definitely recommend powerline. I'm using some adapters from Plaster Networks that are GREAT! They have some diagnostic tools that allow me to see how fast the powerline network is performing at any point in time, so that I can be sure that I have a good connection. I haven't had any problems with the quality of my video using the powerline network.


Can I stll get pregnant and have PCOS?
Q. My dr jus advised that Ihave PCOS. I have hd my period for the last 6 weeks on and off and she prescribed Yasmin for me. I am scheduled to see an endocrinologist in about a month. I have only been pregnant once and I have been trying since I lost teh 1st baby a year ago. I am scared that I will never be able to have children. Is it possible for me to still have kids and have PCOS?

A. It is possible to have children with PCOS, but it's also more difficult to get and stay pregnant. It's a great thing that you're seeing an endocrinologist, who is often more prepared to manage PCOS symptoms than a gynecologist is. The endocrinologist will probably monitor a number of things-hormone levels, blood sugar and insulin use, and so on, and help decide on a course of treatment and management. This is very likely to include drugs like metformin, which helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and restores ovulation in many people, and clomid which makes you ovulate. While some doctors are reluctant to keep you on metformin when you are pregnant, it also may reduce the risk of miscarriage for those of us with PCOS by as much as 45%.

One of my favorite resources for PCOS information and support is Soulcysters.com, a website entirely about and for women with PCOS, with treatment information and message boards and everything. I've found some great support there when I've needed it.

Good luck, and best wishes. I hope it works out well for you.


What cleaner solution should I use to clean my HD LCD monitor?
Q.

A. Here's a bit of advice I received from a professional TV calibrator - First blow the screen clean with compressed air (that canned computer duster stuff is perfect) then use a lint free type of material such as a cloth baby diaper(preferably unused) or a soft piece of flannel and warm water mixed with a mild detergent such as dish washing liquid in a diluted state. Wring out the excess water till barely damp then apply to the screen but NEVER scrub, instead use an up and down motion with gentle pressure until clean, then dry with a cloth of the same material. This is how he cleans each and every TV he calibrates and has for years with great success, plus it's hard to argue with someone who earns his living doing such. Oh, as a last bit of cautionary advice make sure you avoid any and all ammonia based products such as Windex as they will do irreparable damage to your screen. Hope it helps, good luck and happy viewing


Does Home network use the Internet?
Q. I have Verizon Internet so therefor I have a limit on what I can use. I'd like to set up a webcam for my baby for a monitor. If I do that and only view it through other computers connected to the hotspot would it use my Internet or just connect the computers together?

A. As long as you don't tell the camera to upload images to a website or say to Facebook or anything else then no, it won't use your internet bandwidth.

i think most of the big ISPs now have caps on internet usage but to be honest, unless you're transmitting HD images, it wouldn't really add very much anyway





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it better to connect on demand for directv with powerline ethernet adapter or lynksis adapter?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment