Tuesday, December 18, 2012

How did the cat know what to do?

Q. I saw a documentary on miraculous rescues by pets, and one stands out in my mind. The baby was sleeping upstairs in his room, while the parents were downstairs. They had the baby monitor on. When the baby began having trouble breathing, and the noises were too quiet to be heard on the monitor, the cat actually made strange noises over the baby monitor to get the parents' attention.

How did the cat know to use the baby monitor?

A. The cat may have been distressed because it sensed that the baby was in trouble. The cat could simply have been reacting to its own distress. I doubt that the cat had any idea that it could be heard over the baby monitor.


What is the best baby monitor?
Q. We're welcoming a new edition in a few weeks and we have everything ready to go except the baby monitor. We live in a one story home and I would only need the monitor for when the baby's sleeping. All the bedrooms are on the same side of the house but I always take extra precautions. Thanks so much!

A. We got an Angelcare movement monitor and I swear by it. I'm a very anxious mom and it helped me get some sleep! Knowing that an alarm would go off if he stopped breathing was the only thing that stopped me from checking in on the baby 10 times a night. ;)

edit: The monitor was suggested by my son's neonatal surgeon, as he was premature...


At what age did you stop using the tick alarm on your angel care baby monitor?
Q. I have been using the angel care monitor with the tick alarm. Its a sensor to monitor the baby's breathing. My baby is now 6 months old and is starting to move all around her crib and when she gets in a corner the monitor doesn't pick up her movement and the alarm goes off. I am considering if i want to stop using it but I am scared of SIDS...

A. Most SIDS cases occur before the baby is 4 months old, after 6 months they're "out of the woods", then after 12 months they're okay. It's up to you, 6 months seems like the reasonable time to stop using it, but I can totally understand your concern - you're a mum and you worry like every other one of us.

Whenever you choose to stop using it, you'll wake up every 2 hours and listen to hear them breathing - like me! Lol.


Question about Movement and sound Baby Monitors?
Q. Does anyone have the "breathing baby monitors" That will sound an alarm if the baby stops breathing? Im curious if they actually work, or if there are alot of false alarms. Ive been reading about one called angel care.. the under mattress pad is supposed to detect all the baby's movement including breathing.

A. ive got the angel care,,,,, THE BEST THING IVE EVER BROUGHT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ive got 4 kids, and brought it when i had my 3rd,,, it really gives peace of mind,,, with my first 2 kids i used to check if they were breathing 24-7
with the angelcare, u hear every breath they make with the movement ticking sound,,, its fantastic

ive had probably 5 false alarms,,, but researched that, and found out a baby can occasionally pause their breathing for 20 seconds,,, my babies were ok
but as much as i stress, the false alarms are nothing compared to the peace of mind i get from this monitor

my freind is a nurse at the childrens hospital,,, and even she has this monitor,, so its definately good

go and buy one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How did the cat know what to do?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment