Saturday, July 20, 2013

How do I know if I need a lamp for my baby chicks because my country is really hot!?

best baby monitor distance
 on brand fisher price type audio baby monitors other baby monitors ...
best baby monitor distance image



Jacob W


I live in a very hot country and it is summer at the moment. It is really hot and humid and I don't really think I need a lamp for my baby chicks when they arrive. I am going to put them in a cardboard in my room and my room is even hotter because I have my computer running all day, a TV, playstation, laptop which are normally on all the time.
Would I need a lamp?
Thanks.



Answer
Even if it is hot during the day, it is often necessary to run a heat lamp at night when the temperature starts to drop. A brood pen needs to be kept at about 98 degrees during the first week of a chick's life, dropping by about 2 degrees each week after, until the pen temp is equal to the outside temp, or until the birds have grown their secondary feathers.

New chicks are very succeptible to drafts, chilling and temperature fluctuations. Their pen needs to be kept at a constant temperature or you risk killing them. If it's 80 degrees outside, they may still need a heat lamp placed at a safe distance to give additional heat. If the chicks were with their mother hen, they would still spend a considerable amount of time underneath her to keep warm. Young chicks can't regulate their own body temperature well until their adult feathers have started to come in.

The easiest way to monitor your brood pen temp is to place a reptile thermometer at the bottom of the pen. Check the temp regularly during the day - sunlight coming in through a window may be enough to alter the temp and possibly overheat your chicks. You might need to shut the lamp off for part of the day, then turn it back on as the sun changes position, or even run it all night.

I'd recommend getting a 250 watt red brood lamp and a reptile thermometer before your chicks arrive.

Remember that your chicks need a CONSTANT temperature, and the only way to guarantee that is by using an outside heat source.

Good luck and enjoy your peeps!

Can you recommend a baby monitor (preferably a video monitor) that works from very long distances?




Linds


We just moved into a new house where our master bedroom is completely on the opposite side of the house from our son's room. The moniter that we have now works only sporadically (most of the time it flashes "out of range"). I really need one that will work well! It probably doesn't help that our bedroom is converted from the old garage, so there are literally 2 brick walls between our room and our son's room. Please help! Thank you!


Answer
I have a Mobi and it works great in my house. My house isn't huge but I can be upstairs and my daughter's room is downstairs on the other side of the house and it is clear. During the day the pic is in color, but turns to black and white at night. The only static has been when we have it too close to our remote controls and cell phones. It will get fuzzy but we move the items and it is fine.

Not sure if it will work between brick walls, but I have been out in our garage on my treadmill and had no problem.


http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobicam-Baby-Nursery-AV-Monitor/10263832




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I know if I need a lamp for my baby chicks because my country is really hot!?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment