Sunday, January 13, 2013

Any suggestions for baby heart monitors?

Q. I'm 13 weeks pregnant and would like to purchase a baby heart monitor to listen to the baby's heart beat. Can I get one now at this stage or wait until my 3rd trimester?

A. You can get one at this stage. There's called fetal dopplers. You can get one from ebay for anywhere between $50-1000.00

You'll hear from quite a few people to buy those cheap ones at Kmart and Walmart. Sure, they're cheap. Around $20. But, you won't hear a heartbeat on them. I have twins, can't hear either one of their heartbeats, and I'm 17 weeks. But I can hear them move around, kick the monitor when I'm pressing on the belly, hear my own heartbeat, or all the water that I just drank gurgling around...but no twins' heartbeats. I heard the kids playing outside far better than anything else that thing could pick up. I took it back and bought a real one on ebay.

You'll want a 2.5 Mhz or a 3.0 - I personally would suggest a 3 if you want to start that early. Your baby should have a heartbeat at this time. My doctor heard ours at 10 weeks.

If you don't hear a heartbeat this early, just remember that you're not a doctor. Doctors have more experience finding the heartbeats, and when a baby is that small, it's not that easy.

I bought one, although I am not a doctor, and although I can feel both of my twins move, to settle my fears. Every day I check to make sure that I hear both heart beats. Then I go on about my day.

I'm adding a link to one from ebay. They have a lot of them on there. Just so you can see that it's similar to what the doctors have in their offices.


How can I hear my baby's heart beat at home?
Q. Im 13 weeks prego.& i wanna hear my baby's heartbeat. What do i need to get to hear it? Will I be able to hear it at home now?

A. fetal doppler heart monitor. They are expensive but I know you can rent them at some places.


How soon can you hear the babies heartbeat with a prenatal listening system?
Q. I was thinking about buying one of those prenatal listening systems from target I was just wondering when's the soonest I would be able to hear the heartbeat on one of those.. I already heard it at the Dr.'s office with the doppler...

A. They are super-sensitive, but unfortunately pretty much all we could hear was our hands guiding the speaker over my stomach.

The instruction manual says you can hear the heartbeat around the start of your third trimester (for the Bebe sounds monitor, anyway). We could hear gurgling and swooshing before then, but how knows if it was the baby moving or just air bubbles.

It is nice to think it's the baby moving, though... even if it really isn't.


If you are two months pregnant and you get into a car accident will the hospital monitor the babies heart beat?
Q. Alright so I'm writing a book and I do want it to be as medically accurate as possible. My question is if you are two months pregnant and are in a car crash, will the hospital doctors monitor the babies heartbeat as well? If not two months then at what month will they? Please keep in mind my character will probably have been asleep for two or three days.

A. Around 2 months they would certainly do an ultrasound to check whether the baby HAS a heartbeat, but usually won't monitor its heart rate, because that can still fluctuate a lot at that stage anyway.

They would definitely NOT be continuously monitoring the baby's heartbeat for the 2-3 days your character is asleep.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any suggestions for baby heart monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment