Monday, January 14, 2013

Is there any way to prevent my cell phone conversations from being picked up on the baby monitor?

Q. Sometimes people call me at night and my conversations get picked up by the baby monitor in my parents room. Is there any way to keep this from happening? I'd rather not them hear some of the stuff me and my friends talk about. They keep the monitor on all night and I can't turn it off.

A. Is it cell or just cordless. A baby monitor shouldn't pick up a cell phone. In either case you can get a digital cell phone or a digital cordless phone. The baby monitor may pick up the signal, but it won't be able to decode the digital signal and no one will be able to understand a word you say.


What is the best baby monitor to buy?
Q. I have a fisher price baby monitor and it sucks all I hear is static I would love to find one that is alot clearer.

A. I have a Phillips Avent digital baby monitor, it's a little pricey but you get no static since it's digital. It is awesome, tells you the temperature in the baby's room and plays lullabies, etc.


What Should I Get My Sister For Her Baby Shower?
Q. My sister is pregnant with her first child, and despite economic times I really wanted to get her something nice and memorable. I was thinking of a video baby monitor with a camera and television screen, so she could actually see what was going on with her child. I was also thinking of getting her one of those digital video cameras to tape some memories of her kid, parents love that.

I think each gift would be nice, but I don't know what would be a good one for me to get. What do you think would be a good gift?

A. Something practical would be nice. Honestly, out of the two options you gave I would go with the latter. I basic monitor works just as well (heck, if she lives in tight quarters, she might not even need one. Believe me, a baby will make sure you can hear it cry). Something like a baby swing would be nice, also. Or a bunch of things she will need like diapers, baby wipes, different baby medicines, etc.


What are the best baby monitors?
Q. I am looking for a new baby monitor and I need one for under $50. If its digital/video I can spend under $100. If you have any suggestions on good ones it would be so helpful!! thanks!

A. Ours cost us close to $100.00, but I absolutely loved it. We had the Angel Care Monitor, it had an alarm on it to let us know if our daughter stopped breathing. After 10 seconds of no movement, a quick beep would go off. If no movement for 20 seconds the complete alarm would go off. It was absolutely wonderful. I was able to sleep so much better knowing that an alarm would go off if my daughter stopped breathing at night while I was sleeping..





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there any way to prevent my cell phone conversations from being picked up on the baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment