Saturday, January 19, 2013

Is it ok to never feed a Savannah Monitor rodents or live prey?

Q. At the pet store, the manager said that they would become aggressive if they eat a diet of rodents and other animals. He said for it to be more tame as an adult we would have to feed it monitor food, dog food, and eggs. But never live animals, because then they become blood-thirsty and are more likely to bite.

Is this true? And do pre-killed mice have the same effects?

A. You should definitely feed him rodents. He needs the vitamins and minerals that rodents offer. Be careful about the dog food, it is high in fat and Savs have a tendency toward obesity. Feeding live won't affect their temperament. but the live rodent can harm them by biting clawing, etc. Pre-killed or frozen/thawed is definitely better in my opinion. If, by "bloodthirsty" you mean aggressive, yes they can become aggressive. I'm, dealing with one now that I am trying to tame. BUT that has more to do with not interacting with them than what you feed them.
Hope this helps!
p.s. I;ve Had had mine about a month and a half, and the guy that had him before didn't handle him as often as he should have. So, I now have an aggressive baby! lol he is making progress though! just takes patience!


How many women give up there child because the baby was born with a birth defect?
Q. Has anyone on here given up there child because they did not want to deal with all the stress that come with having a child with a disability? This is not to be mean I am a mother of a disabled child and I could never give him up so I am wondering how many women give them up for this reason?

A. I had to throw an adoption worker out of my hospital room after my son was born. He was born at 32 weeks with severe breathing problems. There was NO chance I was leaving him despite the social worker being so err... pushy that I sign over my rights (I'd never even thought of adoption during my pregnancy). Sick people need their family, more than at any other point. When you are on death's door you NEED warmth and comfort, the kind that comes from the people you love. I was all my son knew and there was no way I would have taken that reassurance from him. Even when he was older and the breathing monitors were going off four or five times a night I didn't care. He had made it, he was alive and thriving so what was a little sleep deprivation to me? He came home with numerous medical devices and medications that I had to manage and I won't lie, it sucked and it was hard for me but he was mostly healthy and that was what counted.

My youngest daughter has a rather nasty sensory disorder and I wouldn't give her up for the world. My friends have said that raising her seems to be like raising quints, she is so intense it is hard to imagine she is really only one little person. We deal, we cope and we learn.

That is what being a parent is all about, being there with unconditional love and support.


Based on your actual experience, what is the best baby video monitor for sale?
Q. I've heard so many different, mixed reviews. I'm mostly concerned about them not working with our wireless network (which I don't know how to tweak). If anyone has a good one that works well with a wireless network that doesn't cost TONS of money, please pass on the info. Thanks!

A. What do you mean working with wireless network? Most baby monitors are wireless, but they don�t connect to a modem. Do you just mean without a cord or actually hooked up to a computer? I have been using Summer Infant Hand Held Video baby monitor for 6 month now and can�t complain. It sees at night and has color. The monitor is hand held so you can carry it with you where you want to. At first the battery would last 3-4 days now it lasts 2 days, then you have to recharge, but it can be on when charging. I got mine on eBay at half the cost. If you still don�t have your baby and don�t need one ASAP. Start looking for deals. I got ours 2 month before the baby was born but it took me 4 weeks to get the deal I wanted.
I�m also using a wireless connection on my laptop and there is no interference with the monitor, it�s working perfectly fine. Also it does NOT pick up cell phones, radios or other babies.


What is the best and worst aspect of being a labor and delivery nurse?
Q. I am a nursing student, and I am most interested in working in labor and delivery. I was just wondering what what the best and worst part of that unit is and if the burnout rate is high. I imagine the hardest part would be letting a baby go home with obviously unfit parents, and stillbirths. How often does this happen? How are you typically treated by patients? Do you HAVE to assist in circumcisions? In general could you just tell me anything you think would be helpful

A. I'm an LDRP nurse and I love it. I feel like I have the best job in the world. The best part of my job is being a part of the most important event in people lives. We get alot of feedback from our patients through patient call backs and surveys, and nothing makes my day like seeing a patient or patient family say that I made a difference. Just knowing that I made that family's birth experience a little more special is an awesome feeling.
I don't think the burnout rate is high, most nurses who work in this area are here because this is where they truly want to be and love what they do.
The hardest parts are the obvious, when we don't get a good baby, drug addicted moms, poor home situations etc., but also, dealing with some of the doctors can be difficult. This can be a very intense unit and the docs tend to be very intense and can be very difficult to deal with at times. As a nurse you need to know your stuff and be able to handle doctors when things aren't going as planned. Remember that every pregnant woman that comes through the door is 2 patients, the fact that we cannot see one of them makes it all the more important that we are experts at reading monitors and knowing signs and symptoms of something going wrong.
And, yes, if you work in a postpartum unit you will have to assist with circumcisions. It's not that bad, you just have to remove your personal feelings from the situation. I work midnights, so I don't have to do it often, docs do circs when they make rounds on day shift.
Labor/Delivery is not the kind of place you work because you think it might be fun to care for babies and be part of the birth experience. It's the kind of place either you "love it" or you "hate it". It takes a long time, alot of dedication and learning experiences before you can be good at it. Be sure it's what you want before you make that kind of decision.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it ok to never feed a Savannah Monitor rodents or live prey?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment