Monday, January 14, 2013

How soon can you hear the babies heartbeat with a prenatal listening system?

Q. I was thinking about buying one of those prenatal listening systems from target I was just wondering when's the soonest I would be able to hear the heartbeat on one of those.. I already heard it at the Dr.'s office with the doppler...

A. They are super-sensitive, but unfortunately pretty much all we could hear was our hands guiding the speaker over my stomach.

The instruction manual says you can hear the heartbeat around the start of your third trimester (for the Bebe sounds monitor, anyway). We could hear gurgling and swooshing before then, but how knows if it was the baby moving or just air bubbles.

It is nice to think it's the baby moving, though... even if it really isn't.


If you are two months pregnant and you get into a car accident will the hospital monitor the babies heart beat?
Q. Alright so I'm writing a book and I do want it to be as medically accurate as possible. My question is if you are two months pregnant and are in a car crash, will the hospital doctors monitor the babies heartbeat as well? If not two months then at what month will they? Please keep in mind my character will probably have been asleep for two or three days.

A. Around 2 months they would certainly do an ultrasound to check whether the baby HAS a heartbeat, but usually won't monitor its heart rate, because that can still fluctuate a lot at that stage anyway.

They would definitely NOT be continuously monitoring the baby's heartbeat for the 2-3 days your character is asleep.


Is it safe to use fetal heartbeat monitors?
Q. I bought a graco heartbeat monitor and it actually works pretty good considering that I only paid $19.99 for it. I googled if it was safe to use and I didn't see any studies or suggestions on it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

A. yes they are safe to use, the only problem with them is it will make you panic if you dont hear the heartbeat one day lol. which just probably means baby moved to a different spot :)


What is the best home fetal heart monitor?
Q. I'm looking to buy a home fetal heart monitor and was wondering what is the best one to buy? Any suggestions? Thank you!

A. My sister gave me one last night that works wonderfully! It's called Baby Sound and she said she bought it for $65 at a medical supply store. She got it when she was pregnant and could hear her baby's heartbeat at 12 weeks! I am 24 weeks currently and was able to pick up my little girl immediately, so it works VERY well.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. My sister got a good deal on this one, but the $40 ones you can get at Wal-Mart DO NOT work very well and can't get the heartbeat until very late in pregnancy.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How soon can you hear the babies heartbeat with a prenatal listening system?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment