Sunday, December 30, 2012

How do I get my 7 month old to sleep in his crib?

Q. I'm a bit paranoid since our bedroom is not close to his and eventhough I have a baby monitor,I'm afraid to leave him alone.

A. If your bedroom isn't close to his, then move his crib into your room or into a hallway. It isn't safe to have him that far away. What would you do in case of a fire?!

Or make your life simpler, and just put him in bed with you.


How much does it cost the first year to raise a baby and other questions.?
Q. I am not pregnant. This is a protect for school.

What is the annual cost the first year to raise a baby?

Second question. Im going to give you a list of newborn items. Tell me which items are TRULY NECESSARY.

Crib
diaper changing table
rocking chair
baby monitor
baby bathtub
bottles
bottle brush
bottle drying rack
baby swing
pacifiers
infant bouncer
swaddling blanket
play mat
play pen
carseat

A. Crib
Carseat
Bottles
Swaddling blanket
Play mat (can be used on floor as changing mat too)
These are the basic basic needs for me. You can get by without the others but not these.

The annual costs for a baby each year is different for every person. Some woman breast feed which is cheaper than formula. Others use cloth diapers which are cheaper than disposable etc.
I bought a pack of 15 reusable pea pod diapers for $70. These can be used from newborn right up to 3 years, so I only bought 1 pack of disposable diapers during the first year, to see what was better. Diapers are about $10 (new Zealand dollars) a pack. Babies go through about 5-10 nappies each day in the first few weeks, and then about 3-5 a day from around 4 months to a year. So do the math and it'll give you an approximate answer (get the price of diapers from your local supermarket).
If breast fed, it cost nothing. I breast fed, but I also bought a breast pump and baby bottles for $150 in case baby needed to be left with another person etc. if formula feeding, do some research online on the average formula used a month, and then times that by 12 (12 months in a year) get a price from your local supermarket.
Clothes- this depends on where you buy from etc, but I spent about $800 on all clothes up to 12 months. (including shoes, socks, togs, pyjamas etc)
I spent about $20 or so on baby shampoo, soap and powder every 6 or so weeks, so that's about $180 a year.
I bought baby towels and facecloths before my baby was born and they lasted right up until she was four. I spent $30 on 5 towels and a couple packs of facecloths.
Bibs- got given some at baby shower, but bought a few packs for $20 around about, these lasted the whole time needed.
Bassinet/Moses basket - needed for first 8 weeks, cost me $80
Crib- needed up until about 2- cost me $250
Stroller- needed up until about 3- cost me $150
Car seat- Bought a seat that was used from birth til 4 years. Cost $150
Blankets, sheets, duvets for crib- got given some at baby shower but probably costs about $100 for a couple pairs of sheets, blankets etc
Swaddling blankets- needed for first few weeks (I used them but not necessary) depending on brand etc but I got a few muslin wraps for $30.
Baby bath- optional, but I used one. $30
Medication such as baby Tylenol, gripe water, teething gel, teething powder etc about $50 all up the first year (depends)
Baby food- baby cereals, rusks, custards and other tinned foods probably about $90 a month (depends how much food baby eats. This price is based on my baby who at 7 months ate 2 tins a day, at $1.50 each) I also bought veggies and meat, and puréed these myself for baby. (this price will depend, as some babies don't start real food until a year old) my girl at 10-12 months was eating the same foods as I was.
Some people will put their children into childcare, this is another cost.
Where I live, medical attention for under 5's is free, but many people will have to pay for this as well.
Hope I haven't forgotten anything :)
Hope I helped!


What is a good way to lose weight after having a baby from a C-section?
Q. I had a baby 7 months ago. I gained way too much weight (about 80 lbs) and I've lost some of it. Taking care of my baby is time consuming, and it is too cold to take her out for walks. I don't have much time in my day to exercise because when the baby is in bed, I go to sleep as well. I'm too tired by the time she's in bed to even attempt any exercise..

A. A Three-Week Plan
If you want the easiest way to lose weight that will also get you started on a truly healthy path, try this: Follow the weight-loss plan outlined here for just three weeks. That will give you enough time to adjust to new flavors and will also allow you to see significant weight loss and other positive health changes.

The best approach is to follow the plan completely for three weeks. That means you should not sneak ranch dressing onto your salad, add egg whites to muffin batter, or have a bit of chicken with dinner. Only by consistently following the diet will you be able to reap all the benefits and avoid lapses that can lead to weight gain.

So let's get started! Here's what to do:

.Choose the day when you want to start your weight-loss plan.
.Weigh yourself before you start.
.Keep track of your weight during the three weeks.
.Write down what you eat. Keeping a food record and a journal of how you feel while you're on the diet will help you monitor your progress.


What age "should" a baby be moved out of the parents bedroom?
Q. My baby is 7 months old and I personally want to keep her for a long while yet, I love waking up to her smiles each morning..
My husband however, wants her out soon and I'm not happy about that at all..
Just wondering what age did you/will you move your baby into his/her own room?
Forgot to mention she sleeps in a crib beside us.

A. My baby hated her bassinet, so we moved her to her crib after a week. I hear a lot of people that have so many problems transitioning their kids to their own rooms when they are old enough to realize... "HEY! Where's my mom and dad?!?" It makes me happy with our decision to move her. We have ZERO issues putting her down. Mind you, I do wake up several times in the night, pressing my ear to the monitor to ensure I can still hear her breathing.

You have to do what you feel is right for you, your husband and your baby. You will still wake up to her smiles, you'll just have to walk down the hall to her room... trust me, they will be big and bright the second she sees your face!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get my 7 month old to sleep in his crib?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment