Monday, December 31, 2012

RC Car on 49mhz frequency does not work unless the antennae are nearly right next to each other. ?

Q. My two boys each got an RC car this Christmas. They are on two different frequencies, yet each only has one band. Anyhow, they got them at the grandparents' house and they both worked fine there. However, when we got them home, I noticed that my younger son's woud not work unless the control and car antenna were really close to one another - almost touching. The other one (which is on a slightly higher frequency works fine still). I chalked it up to it just being broken. However, something got me to thinking that might not be it.

So I bought another RC car which is bigger and a little more advanced from a friend today and brought it home. Well, I tested it out and it is doing the same thing that the one that does not work is. I have to be really close to the car for it to work. It does need a good charging, but still had some juice left. So I thought that might be the problem. However, as I turned it over to take out the battery pack, I noticed that it was also 49 mhz! So that has gotten me to think that this might be a different issue with something else in the house (it has been too cold here to try them outside to see if there is any difference). Would interference cause this to happen? I am pretty sure it is not my wireless router as the frequency is WAY higher than 49mhz. I do have a baby monitor that might be the source as I think it is much closer. Does this sound right?

Thanks!

A. This may help a little but can't give a genuine true answer for the exact reason but you are correct this is a sign of interference.

Examples of of different frequency bands up to 49 Mhz.

29.0-29.7 Mhz 10 meter ham
29.7-50.0 Mhz low band


So basically something using 49Mhz is interfering with the RC car. Now here is where it gets really tricky. what is it exactly.
The 49Mhz frequency is usually reserved for RC cars/trucks.

However it has to accept ALL interference.
Unsure about the baby monitor though. I have seen older ones only transit up to 15 feet in-line so it could be your monitor. However the newer ones I do know operate at a much higher band and frequency.

Try playing with it in a large parking lot during closing hours. Away from any electrical interferance.


What is the SSDN radio network?
Q. Scottish Schools Digital Network I had to find it on my own with no help thanks alot guys

A. The Scottish Schools Digital Network does not have a radio network or service associated with it. The only place I see SSDN radio network listed is in the Smart Systems weather stations manuals. In that case, the SSDN radio network is just a name they give to their method of transmitting data from the sensors wirelessly to the weather station. It uses a common unlicensed frequency band, 49MHz, which is also used by older cordless phones, kids walkie talkies and baby monitors. It transmits digitally using CDMA which allows for multiple sensors to be used at the same time.


46 MHz cordless phone interference suddenly occurring.?
Q. I have a Uniden XCA-650 46 MHz analog cordless phone. I got the unit in 1997 and have used it daily since then. About a week ago, a horrible static sound is on the phone when away from the base unit. Usually the phone could go across my entire house and about 50 feet away outside. Now its staticy when you get more then 5 feet away. I have moved the phone to basically every place in my house possible, and the interference does change per each location. Today I noticed that if there is nothing else plugged into the outlet with it, and its not on a surge protector, it works okay. Nothing has changed by the phone or the outlet that its plugged into in several months, all of a sudden its full of static now. The strange thing is this: The handset communicates with the base unit when it "Talk" mode and "Remote" which plays the messages on the answering machine. This is what I do not understand at all, when I use the "remote" function, the static is hardly there if at all, but when I switch it to "talk" theres tons of static. and I know its not the phone line because if I connect the handset to the base via talk with the phone line unplugged, its the same static. What could be causing this interference, and what can I do to help eliminate it? Changing the channel has little to no affect, basically all it does is give a different sounding static. Right now I have the phone plugged into the outlet, no surge protector, and nothing else in the outlet, and its useable, however there is still annoying amounts of static when further from the base unit, like on the deck, where it used to be okay.

A. That phone is too old! 46mhz and 49mhz are easy to pick up on with baby monitors and walkie talkies as they use similar frequencies. You should upgrade to a DECT6.0 Uniden phone. Uniden is a great phone and I have used mine for a few years.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: RC Car on 49mhz frequency does not work unless the antennae are nearly right next to each other. ?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment