Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Any suggestions for baby heart monitors?

Q. I'm 13 weeks pregnant and would like to purchase a baby heart monitor to listen to the baby's heart beat. Can I get one now at this stage or wait until my 3rd trimester?

A. You can get one at this stage. There's called fetal dopplers. You can get one from ebay for anywhere between $50-1000.00

You'll hear from quite a few people to buy those cheap ones at Kmart and Walmart. Sure, they're cheap. Around $20. But, you won't hear a heartbeat on them. I have twins, can't hear either one of their heartbeats, and I'm 17 weeks. But I can hear them move around, kick the monitor when I'm pressing on the belly, hear my own heartbeat, or all the water that I just drank gurgling around...but no twins' heartbeats. I heard the kids playing outside far better than anything else that thing could pick up. I took it back and bought a real one on ebay.

You'll want a 2.5 Mhz or a 3.0 - I personally would suggest a 3 if you want to start that early. Your baby should have a heartbeat at this time. My doctor heard ours at 10 weeks.

If you don't hear a heartbeat this early, just remember that you're not a doctor. Doctors have more experience finding the heartbeats, and when a baby is that small, it's not that easy.

I bought one, although I am not a doctor, and although I can feel both of my twins move, to settle my fears. Every day I check to make sure that I hear both heart beats. Then I go on about my day.

I'm adding a link to one from ebay. They have a lot of them on there. Just so you can see that it's similar to what the doctors have in their offices.


Has anybody used the AngelSounds Fetal Doppler Baby Heart Prenatal Monitor?
Q. Has anyone used the Angel Sounds baby Heart monitor? If so could you pick up the baby's heart beat easily?

A. Ive heard really bad things about that doppler. It doesn't work well. You can't pick anything up till around 32 weeks and half the time you can't pick up anything at all. I had a friend who bought and freak out because she couldn't pick up the heart beat.

We rented one of http://www.babybeat.com
Its the same one that they use in your OB office. I got it when I was 15 weeks. It was the most amazing thing ever. It had a record feature and you can record your babies heart beat and load it up to your computer and sent it to everyone.

They are worth the money and will only cause worry.


When you go into labor and are waiting to deliver your baby, do they keep a heart monitor on YOU?
Q. I have "White Coat Syndrome", I am extremely afraid of hospitals and nothing anyone can tell me will help.
I FREAK when they monitor my heart.

Do they keep a heart monitor on YOU when you are in the hospital room waiting to deliver?

A. The hospital I was at, they just checked me every now and then. They kept the cuff on but only checked every couple hours, I was only in labor for 11 hours. But I think you will be fine. My nurses were amazing. Just remember, If you do not like the nurse you have or if she makes you feel uncomfortable.. You can always ask for another nurse. Good luck!!!!!


How often can you listen to a babys heartbeat (while pregnant) without causing harm?
Q. I bought one of those "baby heartbeat monitor"s (like the doctors have) and we asked the doctor if it would do any harm to the baby or my daughter and he said no. But we just got it today and already, we have listened to the heartbeat like 4 times for various family members. Is that too much?

A. nope, it shouldnt hurt the baby at all, so listen your little heart out ! it wont hurt you or baby. its awesome to hear the little heartbeat and know that theres a little one inside of you <3<3





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any suggestions for baby heart monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment