Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Where to buy at home Fertility Monitoring Sticks in stores? Do ovulation sticks do the same thing?

Q. Does anyone know which stores sell the Fertility Monitors? I have already been to Walmart and Kmart and neither had them, only ovulation monitoring kits. If I can't find the fertility sticks, should I just purchase the ovulation monitors? Has anyone used these? I am just curious to see when the best time to try to get pregnant will be because it has been not easyTTC!

A. I have been using the clear blue fertility monitor for over a year and I swear by it, and highly recommend it to everyone ttc. It takes all the guess work out of this ttc business, and it helped me to learn everything I needed to know about my cycle. We got our monitor at Walgreen's, it was the only place that sold it, and it is also the only store that sells the tests strips for it in my area. You can also check ebay or amazon, they can sometimes be found on there cheaper, as well as the test strips. You need to purchase the strips in order to use the monitor.

It really is worth it, especially if your ovulation pattern is unpredictable. It will tell you when you are fertile prior to ovulation, as well as when you ovulate, so there is no reading test strip lines, and no guessing at all. It gives you a heads up on when to try, basically. It pretty much puts your mind at ease, as there is no guessing, and you will know you've tried on the right days. They are a bit pricey, so I would recommend looking on ebay or amazon first for a brand new one. You can buy them used, but I have no experience with that, I just hear it is not recommended. Beware the 1st month you use it, you may or may not get a peak reading, as it can take a cycle to become familiar with your hormone levels and cycle. This is very common, but rest assured that many, many women are able to get a peak reading and detect ovulation in the 1st month of use. Out of all the women I know that use it, I was the only one that was not able to get a peak reading my 1st month. So check Walgreen's, or online. I promise you will be very happy with it:)

Good luck to you and lots of baby dust coming your way!!!


Based on your actual experience, what is the best baby video monitor for sale?
Q. I've heard so many different, mixed reviews. I'm mostly concerned about them not working with our wireless network (which I don't know how to tweak). If anyone has a good one that works well with a wireless network that doesn't cost TONS of money, please pass on the info. Thanks!

A. What do you mean working with wireless network? Most baby monitors are wireless, but they don�t connect to a modem. Do you just mean without a cord or actually hooked up to a computer? I have been using Summer Infant Hand Held Video baby monitor for 6 month now and can�t complain. It sees at night and has color. The monitor is hand held so you can carry it with you where you want to. At first the battery would last 3-4 days now it lasts 2 days, then you have to recharge, but it can be on when charging. I got mine on eBay at half the cost. If you still don�t have your baby and don�t need one ASAP. Start looking for deals. I got ours 2 month before the baby was born but it took me 4 weeks to get the deal I wanted.
I�m also using a wireless connection on my laptop and there is no interference with the monitor, it�s working perfectly fine. Also it does NOT pick up cell phones, radios or other babies.


moving house tomorrow and baby will be in own room. what baby monitor do you suggest buying?
Q. I dont want it to be more than around £100. Sorry im from UK btw so it needs to be available to buy here x
are the video ones worth the money or do you think the sounds ones will suffice?

A. We have the Angelcare Movement Monitor. It detects the heart rate and will set off the alarm if the baby stops breathing for more then 20 seconds. It also has a regular sound monitor in it. It is well worth it. I have yet to have a false alarm and gives me such peace of mind at night.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Safety/Monitors-and-Nightlights/Angelcare-Movement-and-Sound-Baby-Monitor(0030643)

We have the older version of it. This is the newer one.

ETA: I bought mine of Ebay for half the price and works just was well as if you were to buy it in the store.


What do you think is useful and whats not?
Q. What do you think were the most useful things, that you either registered for, or not that you had for your first baby? How about things that you had, again that you either registered for, or not that weren't as useful as you thought they would be.

A. most useful: obviously carseat (now-a-days most of them come with bases but I would say a base is a must!)... I have used the stroller wayyyy more than I thought I would...don't know if you are breastfeeding or not but an electric breast pump! I didn't think I would pump as much as I do... a baby sling thing you can wear on your body (my daughter has her clingy days and I can't get anything done without this!).. an angelcare breathing monitor (I was terrified of SIDs and so I bought one of these off of ebay and it allows me to get sleep.. an alarm goes of if she stops breathing for a certain period of time.. i think 10 seconds.. and it also doubles as a baby monitor)... a pack-n-play (I got one with a changing table and a bassinet and then I didn't have to buy a changing table and she never slept in the bassinet but it holds her diapers, wipes, and everything she needs diaper changing wise) this one is kinda a smaller deal but Johnson and Johnson has these pre-soaped baby shower wipes and you just get them wet and wash your baby.. (these were great for when the baby was first born and could only "spounge bathe" the baby)

Not useful: baby wipe warmer (I can just warm them up in my hand and now at 3 months she doesn't even care)... swaddling blankets (some babies have to have them.. my daughter even in the hosptial would scream if her arms were tucked in.. needless to say those blankets were donated) shoes (my daughter is almost 3 months and I can't keep any shoes on her feet.. I mean they are cute but socks work just fine.. i'm such a shoe person as a mommy so I went out and bought a ton of cute shoes and I have put them on her like once!)... Newborn diapers! (She was born 8lbs 8oz so we could only use newborn diapers for like a week) I got a bottle warmer for myself after I started to pump... useless (she doesn't care at all if its warm or just room temp!) a bassinet (I put her in it for like 2 nights and then co-slept and then put her in her crib at 4 weeks and now its just like a diaper compartment) all the baby lotion and powder given to me (I have never used the powder once and I use lotion after baths and I still haven't even put a dent in the first bottle!).. and this one breaks my heart.. my crib bedding was completely useless.. I went out and bought a set for a pretty penny because it was sooo cute and came with the bumper and comforter and sheets and everything... well the only thing that gets used are the sheets that I could have gotten for like $7


I'm sure there are so many more things.. but the tricky part is what works for my baby or didn't work for my baby might be the perfect thing for yours! Thats why its great to have a circle of moms where you can trade things!

Good luck!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where to buy at home Fertility Monitoring Sticks in stores? Do ovulation sticks do the same thing?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment