Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Apple or Windows????? ?

Q. Looking to outfit with one or the other.
I would be getting a tablet, a PC, and a laptop.

Either Apple iMac, iPad 2, and MacBook Air

Or a Windows 7 PC, Windows 7 Laptop, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

We want a PC with a large screen and a good display. The laptop will be used mainly for school. The iPad will be used for fun and showing pictures to family of the new baby.

Any recommendations, warnings, experience.

A. Don't buy MAC's because people say "they don't get viruses derp derp."
Get the PC setup and spend just a little bit of money on antivirus software (I use AVG, never had ANY problems).
With a general Apple setup: You'll be looking at around $3000 (chances are you won't even take advantages of garageband or imovie either).
With a general PC setup: You can spend as little as around $1700 or as much as $3000 depending on the features and hardware setup.
I still think the value of Apple products go down quite a bit when you look at how much is spent on hardware and customer service.
Generally, if you don't know much about computers and are not willing to learn more, go Apple.
My $1300 Custom Pc annhilates an Imac in terms of performance, but HD video Editing and High End gaming probably isn't a priority.
So my verdict: A decent set of PC's and the tab for around $2000 total should be good. ($800 Desktop, $500(?) Tab, $500 Laptop, $200 Extra Monitor.)


What should I do?! Please help!?
Q. Ok, so my aunt and uncle, who used to live upstairs from us, have two kids. The first is a girl named Jordyn that is 10 and is possibly dyslexic, though we'll never know because they refuse to have her tested. The second is a 7 year old devil named Justin who they DID have tested and has ADHD and needs medication for it, but they forget to give to him a lot. But compared to some other things, that isn't that bad. If Jordyn gets something wrong in her homework or writes letters backwards, they call her a "fucking retard". Jordyn also had a bladder problem until a few months ago, when her idiot parents finally figured out there was something wrong with her. When she wet the bed, they would scream at her, really scream, and there were multiple times where Jordyn would cry,and they would say "YOU FUCKING BABY, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU RETARD!" Jordyn is a good kid, who needs a helper teacher in every class because she really needs help. They also usually ignore Jordyn when she asks for help, and don't give her enough attention at all.
Now onto Justin. Justin has behavioral problems, and he needs medication, but often they will forget to give it to him, or make Jordyn do it. Jordyn also has to watch Justin most days. They do nothing when Justin is bratty most of the time or pretend that it never happened. But when they do discipline Justin, it is bad. My aunt will literally grab his hand and pick him up by it, where his feet are off of the ground. Or she will squeeze his hand until his fingers are purple and he is crying. When they were upstairs from us, we would hear disturbing things. We would hear my aunt chasing after him, followed by a loud bang and her screaming something like "YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHIT, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"
I also want to mention some other things my aunt and uncle do.My aunt will spend literally hours on facebook, when she could be playing with her kids. They claim they have no money to buy food or pay rent, but my uncle had a van full of his air jordans when they moved a few days ago, and my aunt has an Ipad. There was also one year where they had under $100 in the bank, but my aunt bought Justin a new Nintendo DS3D. Of course Jordyn didn't get anything that expensive. But my aunt bought gifts for her ENTIRE family. When she got home, my uncle screamed at her like he has never screamed before. It got so bad that we had Justin and Jordyn come downstairs, and they were crying. My uncle had thrown a knife at a window and broken it in his anger. My uncle has threatened to beat my cousins before, and they both looked absolutely terrified.My uncle came from the same home as my dad, which was a bad one. their father had been very abusive and had gone to jail several times until my grandma took her 5 sons and flew from Florida to Massachusetts, where they were very poor. But my dad is very nice, and patient, and would never think of beating me. I'm also worried that the way that my aunt and uncle live will affect my cousins. They used to live upstairs from us, and when they moved out the place was a disaster. There were broken screens and windows and doors, it was absolutely filthy, and I couldn't believe anyone could live like that, eith all of those bugs and all that muck. I don't know what to do about them.

A. I don't know if they still live there. But you should really tell your parents that you're concerned about your cousins. They should really call Child Services or the police so someone can come in there and monitor your aunt and uncle so they can take care of their kids. What they're doing is definitely abuse and neglect, and your cousins might suffer for the rest of their lives because of it.

If your dad doesn't want to get his brother in trouble, then he needs to try to talk to him and figure out a way to make sure the kids are being taken care of, but it's unlikely that will work because chances are your aunt and uncle don't really care about them.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Apple or Windows????? ?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment