Thursday, January 10, 2013

38 weeks pregnant nd need answers?

Q. My Blood pressure is 105 over 69 heartbeat 102 is that good normal or bad

A. It depends on you. I have been keeping track of my blood pressure through out my pregnancy and that is around where mine has been the whole pregnancy. As for the heart rate it is a little low but nothing to worry about. Are you doing it at home or was this at the doctors office? When the baby's heart rate stays the same and does not have fluctuate then there's a problem. So if his/her heart rate is staying at 102 then you need to go to the hospital but if it dropped to 102 then went to 120s and kept moving around that is a good thing. If you have a fetal monitor at home just keep an eye on it. Good luck!


Baby Registry Question?
Q. My shower is coming up and I finally decided to go ahead and register at 2 places. Babiesrus and Target. I have 6 items on my babiesrus registry and 6 items on my Target registry. (We are sending 35 invitations about half will attend) I'm happy with my registry and kept it very small because I personally can not stand women that register for 100's of items 9for a small shower). So her's my registry list with the prices:
1. High chair 54.99
2. Stroller 69.98
3. Blanket 22.99
4. Blanket 14.99
5. Blanket 12.99
6. 3 pk. Bottles 5.49
7. Wipes 2.99
8. Baby magic gift set 9.99
9. 7 set Bibs 9.99
10. Tummy time play mat 19.99
11. Monitor 17.59
12. Diaper Bag 29.99

Do you think these items are reasonablely priced? And which item would you be most inclined to buy it you were shopping for a family memeber or friend? Also, what do you think the chances are that I will actually get any of this off my registry? Do you think a small registry has a better chance of getting bought off of?

A. I have to say you're being modest. I tend to spend around $50 for a shower gift, so any of those items would be reasonable. If you really want those things I don't know why you wouldn't get them. There really isn't much there, however, so most people will probably buy something else.


this is a repost from last night*** hcg level question ?
Q. hcg level monday was 27 today its 69, just found out i was preg monday wasn't due to come on period until 11-18 or 11-19...doc are monitoring me because i lost baby in july
my question is does this seem normal for 4wks and maybe 1 or 2 days...sorry for confusion

A. The important thing is that they are going up! Yay!! That's a good thing! if they were going down, that would be a problem. Do you have another one scheduled in another couple of days? I would ask the doc to test ya maybe again next Monday. I bet you'll see numbers in the tripple digits by then!


What is a normal o2 level for a 7 month old?
Q. My son has chronic lung disease because of prematurity (born 26 weeks) He is 7 and a half months old now and they had taken him off oxygen. He was off for one week when they did they oximeter for his o2 levels. His readings were 69% for more then 30 min one time and in the 70% for 18 min they said he was all over the place. i am not sure what is considered dangerous, but they seemed disturbed by it. My question is... Is there a scale I can see to find out what is normal? My other question is... Doesn't seem odd that he would be without oxygen at night for a week before they even test this? I have asked the doctor questions but she seems to be avoiding me. I haven't got a straight answer from her. She put him back on oxygen at night and said see you in four weeks.
He was on apnea monitor still at night (only heart rate and Breaths per min) The o2 meter was only for a test and they took it back after one night of testing. So asking for a range that was ok was out of the question because I don't ever know his stats. I am just hoping they are taking care of my lil man and I am trying to do some research so I am a little educated. His apnea monitor was going off every 30 mins most nights because of low heart rate. she said the monitor was set for a newborn which he is not and told me to take him off. I would've thought she would of at least checked his saturations at night before just saying quit with the monitor. He is back on 1/4 oxygen at night with the same apnea monitor that goes off every 30 min when his heart rate goes below 80
also I told her when his monitors would go off, he was hard to wake up and pale. She assured me he was sleepy.

A. My daughter is 3 1/2 years old, and she also came home on oxygen as a baby 24/7 for her first year, and she still remains on oxygen at night. She had chronic lung disease (because of severe lung injury, not because of prematurity although she was five weeks premature) and a rare interstitial lung disease. She was thought to be healthy for her first week, and then her lungs failed so then the ventilator complete with chest tubes, open lung biopsy, full body edema, considered for ECMO, the whole nine yards, then CPAP, then oxygen, steroids, and all that. So a little different, but similar still...... We have lived with monitors and oxygen for a long time, and I know the song and dance you are playing with your doctor all too well.

That said, 60's and 70's are never acceptable oxygen saturation levels. Staying at those levels for any length of time opens him up to even more serious risks such as pulmonary hypertension. As a matter of fact, now that your son is 7 months and is out of the range for retinopathy of prematurity, I would shoot for no less than 93%. If that means wearing the oxygen even when awake, so be it. And even if his SATs are a little high, even 100% is not going to hurt him at this age. He is past that stage, and you will find that it will help his overall growth and development. Better a little too high than too low. But I am no doc, just a Mom, so your doctor may have other criteria based solely on your son's needs. You might give her a call and ask that.

Now, as far as the test..... Was it done at home or in the hospital? I assume it was done while he was sleeping? How are his daytime O2 levels? If you did the test at home, are you sure the monitor was picking up correctly? As I am sure you know, they can be tricky, and I know I have been fooled by a false low reading in the past. I remember this one junk pulse ox we used to have, I never could tell if it was telling me the truth or not. If the thing had a waveform display on it, you need to make sure the wave was big and steady looking. If not, you can tell by listening to the beeps, and again, they should be steady. Or by looking at the heartrate and making sure it is coinciding with what your son's heartrate really is. If it is, then it is probably accurate. If not, it might have been more of a "not picking up" issue than an actual medical emergency which may be why the doctor is not making too big of a deal out of it (because if the SATs were really THAT low, she should have been making a HUGE deal out of it!). Another thought, did you put the monitor on his toe or on his foot? At that age, we had to switch the placement to the toe to get a more accurate reading. And now that he is back on oxygen at night, does she intend to redo the test to make sure he is on enough oxygen? That is important that she does. Just some thoughts.

If I were you, now that your son is a little older, I would ditch the apnea monitor and demand an alarming pulse ox monitor. If your doctor writes the prescription, most insurance companies will pay the rental the same as with the apnea monitor. They still monitor the heartrate, but they also tell you the SATs which I am sorry (I know a lot of doctors don't think so), but you really do need to know. I know I can sleep a whole lot easier if I can look over and see 95% and trust that if there is an issue, the thing will beep. SATs also give you a much better idea of when to call the doctor during illness or even when the oxygen came out of the kid's nose during sleep.

If you have questions or even just want to talk with someone who has been there and done that, feel free to email me at avk713@yahoo.com. Good luck! You and your little guy are in my thoughts.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 38 weeks pregnant nd need answers?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment