Thursday, January 10, 2013

(need cloth diaperers and breastfeeders) Im sticking to the basics but what else for a baby registry?

Q. This is what I have on there (im breastfeeding and using cloth diapers)
Cradle n Swing
Jumperoo
Boppy
Playpen Net (I already have the playpen and plan to use it as a bassinet)
Carseat Net (already got the carseat and stroller too)
Head support for carseat
JJ Cole Bundle me for carseat
The Moby Wrap
Babybjorn infant potty chair (thought Id try early potty training since im cloth diapering)
Safety First easy saver diaper pail
Halo Cotton Sleepsack
Playtex insulated bottle cooler (for transporting expressed milk)
9 4oz Playtex Drop-in bottles
Drop in Liners
18 breastmilk adapter rings for dropin liners
Grabn go bottle warmer
madela pump in style double (any thing good to say about a cheaper pump?)
Sounds n lights monitor
Kushies Biodegradable diaper liners
Gel free breast pack
Graco convertible crib ( do these come with a matress?)
Keep me dry sheat saver pads
1 serta contour pad
Crib Wedge
Vented sleep postioner
temporal artery thermometer
Sun Dome ( we go to the beach alot)
3 Dozen infant cloth diapers
6 thirsties diaper covers
3 snappis
How many onesies should be here?
6 Mommys touch One size aio diapers w?snaps (for outings and going to grandmas)

I already have 4 Receiving Blankets, 6 night gowns, countless outfits and pajamas)

A. If your cloth diapering you might want to skip the onsies and get tshirts. The onesies can sometimes pinch the sides of cloths causing them to leak. I would also get a few more covers, you can never have too many. In the beginning my son pooped every 2 hours and is usually got on the cover so I needed about 10-12 liners a day.
I also prefer pocket diapers, they take less time to dry and you can stuff them as much as you want.
I have an avent isis duo breast pump. I have nothing but good things to say about it; however, to buy again I would only get a single pump. I usually only pump once or twice a day and only once have I used both pumps at once. I guess that is going to depend on how much you have to pump. Actually I probably use my avent hand pump the most and its a lot easier to carry around with me. It just depends on how much pumping you will be doing. Don't forget to get small and large bottles, as your baby gets bigger and while your engorged you will be able to pump more than 4 oz at a time.
My son loves his jumparoo, but I think the exersaucer was a much better purchase for us. More activities and he can use his little feet to move around, plus it open up to an activity center for when he's bigger.
other things I can think of...
Storage bags for breast milk?
Nipples for all ages and stages?
Medela sleep bras?
Nursing bras?
Extra bobby cover for when it gets soiled?
Bumbo seat (my son still loves his)?
A travel wetbag for dirty cloth diapers?
A hanging wetbag?
Reusablee/washable breast pads?
Nursing cover if you are going to feed in public (a blanket works well but its just not the same)?
These are just a few things I had to buy during the first month that I didn't realize I would want or need.
How wonderful to see another mother cloth diapering, we love it and do not find it to be a hassle at all. Sure there is an adjustment period in the beginning but once you've go it down you will never want to go back to those awful disposables.


Laptop Help Please!!!?
Q. I'm about to buy a Sony Vaio laptop, which costs £499. The specification is as follows:

- Intel Core Duo T2310 Processor

-15.4" Widescreen

- Double layer DVD/ - RW drive

- 2048MB / 2GB hard drive memory

- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

- Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g

- Vista

Is this a good offer? I'm afraid that the processor might be weak but I can't distinguish a good one from a bad one since they're all given names like T3287642JFi etc. Thank You.
No way, the T2310 has the smallest processing power within the Pentium core-duo family :( Is there really a big difference between 1.46 and 1.60?
Here is the model:

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=420158&tab=specification

A. well a laptop at 15.1 inch monitor would not be a good candidate for playing smashing video RPG's so I guess you would use this for document work. The Intel made video graphics card works just fine for your apps.

If you are a gamer you would probably have a bigger screen or connect this baby laptop to another monitor, which I would guess a serious gamer does not really do.

So back to your question...

The processor is an old one, maybe you want a Core 2 Duo, not the Core Duo. In any case the Core DUO would be cheaper but would run hotter and slower than Core 2 Duo. How slow, well maybe not noticeable per your application, if you would use it for documents work anyways and emailing and some internet. The pipe bottleneck would be more on your internet connection.

For Sony they concentrate on user experience and business road warriors, their laptops are generally light and has good power. Though I prefer Toshiba... but that's just me. Or now the pearl white iBook. Apple is also using Intel processors.

cheers


I have 300$ and want to build computer?!!?
Q. I just need basic, but good/fast components to get me up and running. i have a case, mouse, key board, and speakers. don't worry about the monitor. just things like mother board, graphics card, harddrive (i want 500GB to start) and processor (i want at least dual core, 3 or 4 is better, and, like, over 2.5 Ghz, over 2 is fine, but i prefer over 2.5) and i need fans, fan control, and then extras like lights, if possible. i would like the links of the items, and if you go over 300, thats fine, but no more than 4 or 5. links full full item names will be much appreciated. thanks!

A. Lucky you, I had a wishlist on newegg for just such a purpose:

For a mobo, I chose this one. Micro ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157162

Don't worry about the graphics card yet because the mobo has an integrated Radeon HD 3300. It can handle HD video, but not too much beyond that.

This hard drive is pretty good, but only on limited time sale; 750GB with amazing speeds:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148445

If its not on sale, this one is ok... 500GB:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136358

here is SATA cable in case u don't have one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812816033

This is a great processor, don't be fooled by the clock speed. Quad-core 1.8 GHz. This baby will have performance similar to a Core 2 duo E8400, which is a 3 GHz processor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103287

2GB of RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211066

Cheapest casing I could find with free shipping (comes with 1 x 80mm rear fan). Maybe a little cramped but all components should fit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811121091

And cheapest PSU I could find... 380w, $20, free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152019

This all should come out to be about $350, more or less.You can get an ACTUAL graphics card later if you do end up needing one. You can get a pretty decent one for about $70.


Building a computer. Need Help!!!!?
Q. This summer I am going to be building a comupter and I need some help. These are my computer parts I am going to be buying, Im buying it all from Newegg.com

XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Western Digital RE3 WD5002ABYS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI ...

LITE-ON Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDP118-08

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler
These are the computer parts I am going to be buying and if someone can tell me of what they think and if they are compatible it would be great.
The total is $897 and with tax and shipping and handeling it is $1012. If you think there is a better part or something better than the part I want and is near the price can you tell me. My budget is $1100 with everything. My email is narek_sarokhani@yahoo.com
I want to know if all this parts are compatible to work with the motherboard. I dont want to get something that wont end up working. Not only that I want to know if theres something better than a part listed that i can replace with. I want to build this computer for gaming for example, Flight Simulator X, crysis, Modern Warfare 2, etc. games like that. I am a first time builder.

A. I too love building my own PCs. It�s a lot of fun and nowadays quite easy. You have a decent budget.

The setup seems OK, although I can say if it�s all compatible unless I research everything.

I assume you have the operating system available. At least Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

Do you have a good Monitor? Hopefully something like an ASUS VH236H 23 Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor with high contrast, good resolution, quick response times for gaming, and HDMI input.

Keyboard and Mouse? Nothing less than a wireless set with Laser mouse for gaming.

You are listing a dual-core processor. I sincerely suggest setting your sights on building a quad-core system. Personally, I prefer AMD. You get more bang for the buck and if you learn to overclock you�ll have a lot of fun and get far more than what you paid for. AMD Phenom II Black Edition 955 quad-core processors are fantastic and about the same price of what you list. With the right motherboard you can overclock these babies very easily.

The motherboard will ultimately depend on your choice of CPU, but if you go for an AMD Black edition with aims of overclocking, get a motherboard with a Bios that makes such a thing very easy.

The memory you list is DDR2. I suggest DDR3 which is newer, also low latency. In my experience, choosing good, fully compatible memory is the hardest part for some reason.

Go for an ATI Radeon video card, better than GeForce. Get one with DDR5, not DDR3. And of course with HDMI output.

Double your storage for about $10 more with a Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB. About $99 on Amazon. Black Edition is performance.

The power supply seems overkill, but maybe you plan to add more stuff to your PC later. You might save some $$$ by going for something a bit lower and put more $$$ into your video card. Do buy a quality brand because a good power supply is extremely important.

Why a DVD-ROM drive? You won�t be able to burn a CD or a DVD. Something like a Lite-On IHAS124-04 for about $22 is a far better choice. You would be able to burn CDs, DVDs, etc.

CPU cooler� I love the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus.

Make sure you buy a couple of extra SATA cables. Bare drives don�t bring any.

Get some Arctic Silver 5 in case you have to reinstall your CPU. Most CPUs have thermal paste pre-applied but if you have to take it off you might need to reapply it.

Another suggestion is to get most or all of these parts from AMAZON. I love Newegg and order from them often, unless I get the same from Amazon. Make sure you select items that are eligible for free shipping from Amazon (Ships and sold by Amazon.com). As long as your order is more than $25 they ship free, and tax applies only to orders shipped to 4 or 5 states. Save that money for hardware. Amazon�s return policy is superior.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: (need cloth diaperers and breastfeeders) Im sticking to the basics but what else for a baby registry?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment