Thursday, January 10, 2013

What are reasons baby heart rate drops?

Q. My niece swallowed Meconium and she has been being monitored now for a week, today she was suppose to come home and early this morning her heart rate dropped for a few seconds and she has to stay in hospital another 24 hours, has anyone experienced this? They have given her all types of test, EEG, neurological ETC. Everything came back excellent.. Help I am going nuts!

A. drowning and hence I couldn't sleep and was just resting sitting up


What's the test that doctor usually assigned to women with an overdue baby? What's the machine called?
Q. The machine is a type of certain machine that can measue the heart rate of the baby with some cords connected to the mother's stomach.

A. I guess you are talking about a non-stress test which is done with a fetal monitor. They used this on me because I was diagnosed with IUGR with one of my pregnancies.

The two cords have different fuctions. One cord has a dopplar which monitors the fetal heartbeat.

The other cord which is attached to the mother's belly picks up uterine contractions.


Did you have a heartbeat of 170 at 17w5d and have a girl?
Q. I had a doctors appt last week and the baby's heart rate was 170 at 17w5d first is that normal? It seems a little high for so late. Also, did you end up having a girl? I am just curious and trying to look into all the old wise tales before the big U/S next week.

A. Nope. My baby's heart rate at 18 weeks was 168 and it is a boy. He has always been over the 140 mark that people say distinguishes a girl from a boy. I had him on a monitor last night (thought I was in labor...false alarm) and he was around 161. And yes, we are SURE he is a boy. So, the tales just aren't true.


Why do I have to take so many nonstress tests?
Q. I am 33 weeks pregnant with my first child and I have gestational diabetes. The doctors want me to come in twice a week for nonstress tests where they monitor the baby's heart rate. My question is, why does this test have to be performed so frequently!?

A. i had them with my first 2 pregnancies. with my first my baby wasn't active and was measuring 3wks behind in his growth. i had to go in twice a week and sit there and monitor my baby. then my ob decided to induce me at around 38wks. with my second pregnancy my baby was diagnosed with a heart disease and they wanted to monitor his heart even though he was more active than his older brother. yes i hated going but i will do whatever it takes to make sure my baby is doing well. if anything happened due to me skipping those appointment, i would never have forgiven myself.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are reasons baby heart rate drops?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment