Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Any good remedies for getting rid of a headache..?

Q. I've had a headache all day, and I want it gone :( but I can't swallow pills and I already took baby asprin in the morning, and I took some liquid childrens medicine almost two hours ago. but it still won't go away. it's at bay right now, like it doesn't hurt as much but it's still bothering me a lot. and I can feel it like behind my right eye. and tips or remedies are appreciated. thanks in advance!

A. IHave you seen an orthodontist/dentist to be examined for TMJ/TMD. Tension stress from your TM joint in your jaw can make you sickly with migraines if out of place even a smidge.I got it from a jolt to my head and the tmj muscles stretched out causing sickening headaches, face pain and ear aches. Please check even with your doctor about it.

Many things can trigger a HEADACHES/MIGRAINES: using your arm in an awkward way (bowling) when you don't normally do that, lack of food (skipping meals), head resting in a hairdressers sink, going to a concert with light show, video game screen with fast movements & flashing lights, staring in the light (sun) constantly on your eyes...etc.

You may want to check your settings on all your digital items that you are using. Each device you use has a warning that MANY COMPLETELY IGNORE. Go under your settings for your screen settings on your computer, laptops, televisions, monitors, digital games, etc. AND LOWER THE BRIGHTNESS ON THE SCREEN.

Also, don't forget that all these items are a heat source and depending on how close you are to the item you are using, you are affecting your personal body sources. (ie. flickering lights affect the eyes, laptops on laps affect fluids. etc.)

You may be completely dehydrated if you aren't drinking adequates amounts of water daily. Here's a guide to help you figure out how much water you require daily for your weight.

? Your Weight Times (.5) Equals Divided By 8oz (or 1 Cup) Equals # Cups of Water/Day

� 150lbs x .5 = 75/8 = 9 Cups of Water/day
� 175lbs x .5 = /8 = 11 Cups of Water/day
� 200lbs x .5 = 100/8 = 12.5 Cups Water/day

If you take your medication with an extra caffeine drink, it will hit your system faster, but that only means enough to swallow the medication and wash it down. It does not mean drink an entire can or you will suffer from extreme caffeine withdrawal (rebound migraines).

1. I used to use a combination of medications which included 400mg Ibuprofen 4x a day with food. This takes the swelling and inflammation down. DO NOT exceed1600mg in one day and you may need prilosec for stomach protection as ALL ANTI INFLAMMATORIES are difficult on the stomach. ***You can use Tylenol with Ibuprofen and Aspirin watch for daily maximums & don't exceed.

2. Robaxacet is Tylenol (acetominophen) combined with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)...this also comes with codeine on request from the pharmacist. This only relaxes any tight muscles around the pain and helps reduce some pain. You can use Robaxacet with Ibuprofen and Aspirin, BUT NOT Tylenol as it's already an ingredient in this pill.

3. Robaxacyl is Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) combines with methocarbonal (muscle relaxant)...this has a blood thinning active ingredient and isn't ideal for anyone under age 16 years or complications with blood pressure, ailments, etc. This both takes down the inflammation as well as treats the pain.You can use Robaxacyl with Ibuprofen and Tylenol, BUT NOT Aspirin as it's already an ingredient in this pill.
------------------------------...
4. Aleve is a Nonsteroidal Anti Inflammatory (Naproxen) which will helps reduce the inflammation, and as the inflammation decreases so does the pain; BUT you CANNOT mix this drug with any of the above mentioned safely.

5. Dynamint has been used on horses legs for years, but it does an amazing job on sore neck muscles. It's ingredients are Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil , Tea Tree Oil and Calendula Oil.

6. Deep Cold Gold is an alternative rub that works very well on tight aching tendons on your upper shoulders, neck and TMJ joints.

When I was 16 years old I had severe tension headaches that made the ligament behind my ear pop out like a big ole bump. The doctor prescribed a low dose of Elavil (amitryptaline) & it was gone within days. The Elavil in high doses is used for depression but they use it for car accidents because it relaxes the muscles from whiplash.

If you experience a headache with ANY LOSS OF WEAKNESS, SLURRING, IMBALANCE or FEVER, then you need to seek medical attention immediately for a consult to make sure there isn't something more serious going on.


Is there a painless way to test blood in diabetes?
Q. My nephew who's only 9 months old developed Type 1 diabetes. My cousin checks his blood with glucometer using test strips, but because of the pain it causes the kid became very nervous and starts crying everytime his mom approaches him. I was wondering if anybody knows about alternative ways to test blood, that are not as painful and that are suitable for a kid his age. Thank you.

A. Sorry to hear about the little man. But he must be tested, over time the site will lose its nerves so the pain will be minimal by the time when he will remember it.
Encourage your cousin to keep good control over the BS. Its so hard to see your baby hurting and know you are the cause of the pain.
Has she check into the new pumps that monitor the BS as well? I don't know how safe they are for babies but you can check out medtronics Minimed web site @ minimed.com.
Good luck and THANK YOU for being there for your cousin. We could all use a cousin like you,


What type of birth control would you suggest?
Q. Our son is 11 weeks old. We want to have kids pretty close together, but obviously not THIS soon. We don't plan on trying again until the first can at least walk.

Anything with hormones is out; we had a hard enough time conceiving the first time without adding the factor of coming off hormones when starting to try for the second.

Condoms were our first obvious choice, and we'll keep using them if we don't find an alternative, but we both really dislike using them to the point of often rather not having penetrative sex than using them. So we'd REALLY like an alternative.

I have painful periods as it is, so I'm very hesitant about using the copper IUD. The Mirena IUD is what I had most of our marriage and I don't want even that tiny amount of hormones in my body any more.

I can't breastfeed, so LAM is out too.

I'm open to natural family planning methods, but should probably say that I was pretty irregular before I got pregnant. Can't say yet what my cycles are like now. I do have some experience charing BBT. But of course we all know that the discipline needed for that (taking temperature every morning absolutely first thing at the same time after a decent amount of sleep) isn't that feasible with a new baby to take care of.

So am I missing an option?
Wow, Mischa Smythe, I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day/year/life that you feel the need to respond this way.

It's a simple question about birth control options, no drama here. And if it is a 'first world problem': so what? I live in a day and age when I can have sex with my husband without uncontrollably popping out more kids than my body or our finances can handle, and that's a good thing.

A. Natural Family Planning methods are still usable with irregular cycles, and even with irregular sleep. You may just need to find a different method that will work for your situation. You might look into Creighton or Billings, which are both mucous-only methods - no need to take your temperature. Another popular option, particularly for the postpartum phase, is the Marquette method, which uses a monitor and ovulation test strips. That is a little more expensive as you need to buy the monitor and strips, but it takes a lot of the guess work out.

Personally, I've been using the Sympto-Thermal Method (STM) for 8 years, with 3 kids. I've also made use of LAM after each kid. I just recently starting charting again as my youngest is 10 months. I take my temperature whenever I wake up in the morning, before getting out of bed to go get the baby. Usually that is somewhere around 7am - 8am, and that is consistent enough for me to get reliable readings. I also record the time I took my temperature so I will know if one is off due to the time. If one or two temps are wacky because I woke up much earlier or later, I can just disregard those and usually still have enough info for the chart to make sense. I also do daily mucus and cervix observations. This has worked well for me, in spite of irregular cycles (before kids, my cycles could be anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 MONTHS). My kids are 2 and 1/2 years apart. The first was not entirely planned, but we took a chance when we knew I might be fertile, accepting the risk, and were thrilled when we found out I was pregnant. The second and third were both completed planned.


How can I get rid of of rash?
Q. On my babies arm, leg, and tummy. They are small patches of dry skin.

A. a little pricey, but aquaphor in the tub/jar works wonders, esp if sensitive skin is also a problem. a great, inexpensive alternative is just plain ol' petroleum jelly. apply it while the skin is still damp, or swab the skin with a damp rag first.
the problem with dry skin & babies/toddlers is that the skin has a hard time holding & maintaining moisture, so you have to provide the means sometimes. best for me is to apply immedialtely after bath & cover affected areas (sleeves, pajamas rather than exposed) to "seal" the moisture in.
if you dont maintain/monitor this, it can very easily develop into an ongoing problem such as eczema.
good luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any good remedies for getting rid of a headache..?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment