Sunday, January 6, 2013

38 weeks prego and regular contractions but no progressive dilation?

Q. i'm almost 38 weeks prego and i woke up last night with awful cramps and they kept getting worse so i called my dr when they opened and they said to come in so i did and they had me on the monitor and it showed me having ALOT of regular contraction (like 6 within 20 mins) but my cervix is still only at 1 cm. does anyone know whats going on? according to the monitor, im in labor but my cervix says otherwise. any answers are appreciated! thanks!

A. Sounds like early labor. There are some things you can do to help labor along. Be sure to drink plenty of water to prevent slow or stalled labor. Walk alot to allow gravity to help things progress. Squats and slow hip rotations will open your pelvis and make it easier for the baby to transition to the birth canal.

Here's a really great article about pre-labor and early labor that may help you:
http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/tt�

I would time your contractions for at least one hour. Then call your Doctor with the information from that 1 hour of timing and all your symtoms you've had.

To time your contractions:
Write down the starting time when your stomach tightens.
Then write down the time it stops. (How long was the contraction?)
Doctors will ask you how close your contractions (from beginning of 1st contraction to the beginning of the next contraction) are and how long they are lasting.

Or if you're near the computer (or have an iPhone), use this:
http://www.contractionmaster.com/

Time your contractions for 1 hour, are they consistent?

Remember 5-1-1, Contractions every 5 minutes, lasting 1 minute in duration consistently for 1 hour. Then it's time to call the doctor and head to the hospital.

Active labor will grow stronger and more frequent over time (each contraction lasting about 1 minute in duration).


Hope this helps!
Best Wishes & Congratulations!


How to make a Video baby monitor?
Q. Can someone please tell me how to make a video baby monitor? The only problem is i dont have any fancy gadgets, like an iphone or ipad or ianything! lol.
i have an extra laptop and i have an old webcam. could this work to make a video baby monitor??
i want to be able to connect to it somehow from my laptop that iam currently using, like skyp or something??
Iam very bad with computers lol
I understand what your saying and thats why i dont want to spend any money on this. But if i can figure out a way to do it with stuff i have laying around i would like to see him, and not have to sneak into his room to see him. ( because yes i will be going in to look at him, i have from day one and i dont think that will stop for quiet awhile)

A. I can't help you with any of the technical stuff, but I wanted to say that video baby monitors are quite useless. Its one of those baby items that is totally unnecessary.

What's important is that you *hear* your baby wake up and cry for you. Its not important to *see* your baby - after all, you will be very, VERY tired yourself. Its not like you'll be up all night watching your baby sleep.


Is There An App Like This?
Q. Ok so I Want An App On My Iphone 4 (Free) That Can Allow Me To Have My Iphone In My Daughters Room (as a baby monitor) And I am watching From My Laptop. I Don't Have Time To Go Get A Monitor And This Will Be Much Easier. Please Help Me! I Really Want A Free App :]
There Actually Is One BTW But It Is A Trial I need One I Can Use For A While

A. Either buy a baby monitor or buy the app, either way you have to spend money and I'd buy the monitor from the shop as you can take it back and get your money back if it doesn't work.


Poll: Do you think that two-month-olds should have iPhones?
Q. Or would it be better for them to have an Android?

A. I say a baby monitor will be much better





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: 38 weeks prego and regular contractions but no progressive dilation?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment