Thursday, January 10, 2013

what are the dangers of ovarian cysts while pregnant?

Q. I have always had cysts and they tend to rupture releasing toxins throughout my body. I am a little nervous now because I am not on birth control to control the cysts now that I am pregnant. At the doctors I was informed that I had another cysts, my last one ruptured right before I got pregnant. I didn't think to ask any questions at the time because I was taking in a lot of information because this is my first pregnancy. I am curious as to how this will affect my baby and what would happen if it ruptures. Please help! I was also informed that even though I am 10 weeks my uterus is the size of 6 1/2 weeks. I feel like a mess!

A. The 2 options my obgyn gave me was to have it surgically removed in a few weeks by doing this there is a possiblity of having a spontaneous miscarriage. Or leave it with the possiblities of it getting bigger, bursting and putting me in preterm labor or it twisting around my ovary and having to get that removed in the end. They decided they are not going to remove it unless it presents a problem so far mine has not caused me any problems. How far along are you? Are they going to monitor it and see if its growing or shrinking? I would get some more info from your OB next time you go. I do know that lots of women do have them removed and go on tho have healthy pregnancy's but there is always a risk of miscarriage.


Is it bad to have baby's room upstairs while you sleep in the basement?
Q. My friend wanted me to get some other people's opinion....

Her husband and she sleep in the basement and her 8 month old son sleeps upstairs in his room. They keep all the doors and windows locked....the dog (a Chow) sleeps upstairs in the kitchen as well. And they have a video baby monitor.

Do you think it is unsafe?

A. No i think it's fine as long as they have considered all possible dangers and done something to prevent them i dont see a problem with that situation.


How often do multiples births work out?
Q. I was under the impression that having more than two babies at once was very dangerous and usually resulted in children with serious medical problems.

But lately I've been hearing about septuplets (7 babies) and octuplets (8 babies) born healthy. How common is this? What percentage of multiples births actually work out?

A. As far as octuplets born there has only been two sets and 1 died from the first set. I haven't heard too many sets of septuplets. It is very dangers the more babies you carry. Most doctors will advise selective reduction to ensure the babies you do keep will be carried as close to full term as possible to ensure the babies won't have issues such as blindness and lung issues. Women that high order multiples are put into the hospital very early for bed rest and are highly monitored.


My baby has a paralyzed vocal cord and can't make any sound. Any suggestions on products to use at night?
Q. I am looking for a product to use at night so I can know when my 6-week old son is moving even though I can't hear him. I want something that can go in the crib or something that can monitor him and notify me when he is moving so I can attend to him.

A. The only thing I can think of is those toys you can get that when bubs starts moving they play a song to help resettle the baby...not sure where you can get them

If you leave this question open for a bit (a couple of days) I'll do some research and also ask my collegues (I am a speech pathologist so I have some contacts that might know something) and I'll get back to you



EDIT....my understanding of the angel care monitor is that it alerts you if the baby is NOT moving/breathing....I had a similar monitor so I am assuming they are they same



EDIT....

Sorry, I haven't really been able to come up with much. I researched the toy I was talking about and I guess it's no surprise that it is voice activated so kinda useless for you. The other ideas some colleagues came up with included:

*** Having some sort of noise maker attached to bubs....would need to be something safe and attached in a way that it could not come off and cause any danger to bubs... something so that when bubs wriggles, it makes a noise....the con of this is that bubs might wiggle but not actually wake.

*** Co-sleeping as someone suggested.... either in your bed or in an arms reach style cosleeper.

*** similar to the noise maker idea.... having something crinkly under the sheet so that when bubs moves it makes a noise.


There are some products out there however they require intentional movements....good for when bubs is a bit older but right now, he is unable to intentionally push a button.

I hope that helps some and I'll continue to keep my ear out for anything that might work in your situation....good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what are the dangers of ovarian cysts while pregnant?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment